**UPDATED PICS*Okay AGAIN I am questioning if this chicken is a roo...

Cetawin

Rest in Peace 1963-2021
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
About 10 weeks ago I posted pictures of 2 BAs thinking one was a roo. I got a unanimous NO..well I again asking. I have got no crows but they look so way different on their heads. Bodies and butts are identical though.

This is my known female Molly, she is very sweet and loves to be held:

HPIM3135Small.jpg

This is her sister the questionable Holly, holly does no like being held and get testy at times but her comb is way bigger than Molly's:

HPIM3136Small.jpg

HPIM3137Small.jpg

Now if Holly and HE or did she just mature differently and have a bigger comb? They are 18 weeks old so if I am dealing with a Roo I need to make preparations for that or rehome soon.

Thanks for the opinions again.

EDIT: Here are pics I just took of her/him...I still think it is a pullet but here are the new pics or her, her back, her tail and her neck area..

Holly:

HPIM3149Small.jpg

HPIM3152Small.jpg

HPIM3151Small.jpg

HPIM3150Small.jpg

HPIM3153Small.jpg

Okay...what do you think...18 week old pullet or non-crowing yet Roo?

Last edited:
My guess would be a she and a he - the one with the bigger comb is a he. My BA Roo is 20 weeks, and has a bit bigger comb, but both the pullets have the smaller comb (almost no comb) like the first pic.

Why need to re-home? Most BA Roos I have seen are very sweet temptered. Unless you simply can't have roos (or have too many already, which is usually my problem, LOL I always get way more roos than Ineed.)

I know my Marley is the sweetest thing, and his girls love him dearly. I can't wait till the girls begin to lay and Marley gives me some chicks.

Peace -
Meriah

DH said No Roos when we got the first 6 girls (2 of them pictured)...a friend of mine lost nher Roo a few months ago old old age and she is wanting another sweet Roo.

Holly or Howard, whichever it may be is not mean or anything just not fond of being held. I keep looking for starting spurs and notta and the body is so hen like. Guess time will tell.

Here's pics of Marley (not good pics, he was hiding in the brooder cage, LOL that's where the fan hits the strongest).

P0003000.jpg

P0002999.jpg

And some of his girls behind him ...

P0003003.jpg

Hope this helps. Sorry you can't keep the roo - he is a pretty bird.

Peace -
Meriah

You need to post a picture so that we can see the tail area, the saddle area and the neck/hackle are good.

From what I see, it still looks like a pullet, just a bigger comb on her.

Okay I will get pics of her body, tail and back and neck area in just a bit then update here. Thanks everyone for your input so far.

Back
Top Bottom