* UPDATED * Please keep him in thoughts & prayers!

USMCwifey

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
WNY
Our little 7 month old mini pin puppy got into the trash while we were gone today and ate a diaper!
sickbyc.gif
He ate that jell stuff that expands and it expanded in his stomach causing internal bleeding!
hit.gif
He's not doing too good, he seems to have lost a lot of blood. The vet gave him some fluids and is making him throw up the substance is much as possible. She couldn't guarantee he would make it though!
sad.png
His temp was 95f when we got him there and last I talked to the vet was up to 97f. A good sign, but still not out of the danger zone. Poor little guy! He's my husbands dog and my husband is so crushed. Please keep out little puppy in your thoughts and prayers!
fl.gif

** UPDATE **
He's doing better, but the vet said he's still very sick.
hit.gif
He ended up being anemic from the loss of blood & his liver reading was so high it wouldn't even register. We were told the garbage gut could cause the liver to spike & it could reverse itself, but it also could be permanently damaged.
hu.gif
No way to tell until another blood test tomorrow! He's still considered to be in critical condition. If he's the same tomorrow I don't know what we're going to do, it's not fair for him to be suffering.
sad.png

171864_10150171117709115_657464114_8459931_3707050_o-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Poor thing. I have a minpin that will be 13 years old next month and she ate through a queen sized mattress one time (seperation issues). They are tough little dogs .

I hope he is going to be o.k.
fl.gif
hugs.gif

I remember when my little JRT puppy got into my son's concerta (med. for ADHD) and how terrified I was. He kept shaking and shaking all through the night. We had called the vet on call, and all he had us do was give little Dodger a dose of hydrogen peroxide to make him vomit. He was o.k.------which I'm sure will be the case with your little guy.

Oh, poor puppy! I hope he continues to improve. If the liver values are still not improved tomorrow please don't take it to heart. It usually takes weeks for liver values to improve when there's been damage, so I wouldn't expect them to be tons better than today or yesterday's values. Also, if he's doing better clinically you should ask your vet about denamarin or denosyl (sam-e). It can do wonders for liver issues! I had an older cat who's liver values tanked after an anesthetic procedure (literally 3 or 4x higher than they were when we did the pre-operative blood work) and we put him on denosyl for a month. His liver values went back to completely normal when we rechecked his blood work after a month of denosyl! And we have two dogs at the clinic where I work who have liver shunts that we discovered when we did their pre-operative blood work for their spays when they were 6 months old and found through the roof liver values. After a few years on denamarin and a special diet the larger one's liver values are perfectly normal. In fact, we just did a dental on her yesterday and she recovered from the surgery just fine. Don't loose hope if he is improving, even if it's slow improvement. Sending good thoughts your way.

Back
Top Bottom