Updated! - Test Your Diagnostic Skills - Warning, Contains Graphic Necropsy Photos

Pics
bow.gif
I bow to your educational skills!

Thanks, lol.

-Kathy

So far, no necropsy's have needed to be done here. Just culling and processing..but that in itself is great education. To see what good healthy tissues are supposed to look like.

So far, no necropsy's have needed to be done here. Just culling and processing..but that in itself is great education. To see what good healthy tissues are supposed to look like.

Lol, that's something I don't get to see 'cause I'm too much of a coward to process mine.

-Kathy

Sorry I haven't done the necropsy on hen #1, it's been crazy here... But here's another one for you.

Fat and healthy looking 600 gram, 8 week old peachick was looking depressed, breathing hard and not wanting to eat. Gave fluids via tube and Baytril 20mg/kg IM. 12 hours later he was dead. No sign of respiratory problems, but poop was mostly white urates. Raised indoors, but has jumped out of the brooder and run around on my hardwood floors.

This is one that will be sent to UC Davis for necropsy. So guess away! I'll post the reports as they come in.

-Kathy

Lol, that's something I don't get to see 'cause I'm too much of a coward to process mine.

-Kathy

I had to dig out my cajones
lau.gif

Still a city girl here..although we have had chickens 2.5 years now. Out in the country. But since we are raising them as Dual Purpose...I felt I should ought to learn myself how to process a chicken
duc.gif

Sorry I haven't done the necropsy on hen #1, it's been crazy here... But here's another one for you.

Fat and healthy looking 600 gram, 8 week old peachick was looking depressed, breathing hard and not wanting to eat. Gave fluids via tube and Baytril 20mg/kg IM. 12 hours later he was dead. No sign of respiratory problems, but poop was mostly white urates. Raised indoors, but has jumped out of the brooder and run around on my hardwood floors.

This is one that will be sent to UC Davis for necropsy. So guess away! I'll post the reports as they come in.

-Kathy

Possibly kidney failure. Sorry you lost him.

Last edited:
Thanks... it's always hard on me when I lose the tame ones. FWIW, I was also thinking it could be kidney related.

-Kathy

-Kathy

Possible twisted colon.

I guess I should have said that the peachicks eat a 26.5% non-medicated turkey starter and get mealworms for treats.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom