Updated! - Test Your Diagnostic Skills - Warning, Contains Graphic Necropsy Photos

Pics
Any other pics? Was this attached to anything?

That's it for pictures, the large ball was attached to the backbone near the egg cell sac, it possibly could have been one of her kidneys. I had six bcm hens and I believe this one had never laid an egg. I believe her age to be 8-10 months. She had never shown any signs of illness until the day she died. My opinion is that that mass was growing inside her for several months, and putting pressure on her other organs causing them to shrink and eventually shutting down. Specifically her gizzard being extremely small.

A few weeks ago I had a ccl hen die from a lash egg, she was sick for more than a week, and when I cut her open her entire body was overrun with infection and had a horrible smell inside, this bird seemed normal, smellwise, so I don't believe that this was any type of infection, it seems to have been more of an abnormality.

I am no expert, but it looks too round to be a kidney. Is there any chance it could have been the spleen?

-Kathy

@rooboo , can you email me larger versions of the pictures to me? I sent you a PM with my email address.

-Kathy

@rooboo
 , can you email me larger versions of the pictures to me? I sent you a PM with my email address.

-Kathy

Let me know if you got the pictures. Could this be the spleen?

Circled with the arrow

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom