Updates: Hen is now recovered from being egg-bound!

i gave them some yogurt. They were all eating it. Chica is still panting like crazy and she won't get up from where she is laying. I will check back on them later to see how they took the yogurt. We do have a fan on them that is cooling down the coop, but no change for Chica.
hit.gif

Thanks everyone! I printed a copy of the website and will try some of them. I think I will do the wading pool. I will also tie a wet sponge to the fan. I will keep everyone updated.

She is not in the nest. She is laying on the floor, because she is too weak to get up the ramp. Chica is eating the yogurt, but no, there isnt a way to just give it to Chica. The other's are loving it, too. Please keep posting!

I'm gonna put wet sponges on the fan. BRB with updates. Yes, I have a crate, but i will only crate her if she does not show improvement soon.

Last edited:
First of all if she had heat stroke she would be close to death. Get her cool....if that means dipping her in a bucket of cool or cold water do it. Then let her sit and cool off with the fan. Yogurt has nothing to do with overly hot poultry. Get electrolytes and add it to your waterers...for all your chicken. We are all very hot right now, lots of cool water, shade, electrolytes etc will help. Panting is normal for hot chickens. Good Luck

Ok, I tied wet sponges on the fan. Chica seems to be showing imporvement. She got up and laid back down by the waterer and got a drink! (YAY!) She seems to be doing ok. She still lays down and acts pretty lazy.

Back
Top Bottom