Updates on our octagonal coop and run construction with a few pics.

Wateredgarden11

Chirping
14 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Sandusky, Ohio
big_smile.png

Updates as we finish our octagonal coop and run.
Hope to be finished with both in two weeks. Things we would change are many. Built the run at 3' and one week later decided a walk in is much easier on the back so we are now adding more height. Pictures on my page here on BYC but here is one to give you an idea of where we are
25963_img_1001.jpg

Picture of what the run did look like at 3'.
25963_img_1012.jpg

Picture of what the run looks like as we go up. Umbrella is temporary..lol
25963_img_1029.jpg

HD adding the top struts for a conservatory look. More pictures on my page here at BYC

Ruff tuff
If your asking about the roof on the coop. That was not so hard because its just 8 pieces of plywood on framing and he has small blocks that the roof lays upon so that we could add vents to the sofits. We had a book on " How to build a gazebo that gave us easy instructions. I am sure your local library would have a few how to books with diagrams for gazebos. What is the harder part for my husband is trying to make the run roof look like a victorian type conservatory. I am watching his hair go gray as he is struggling with that. LOL
Problem is..this is a prototype so there is nothing for him to use as a guide. This has been a real learning experience for both of us. When we are finally finished we will sit down and make a list of size boards he used etc etc and hopefully some type of directions that I can post on my page here to help someone else try this. We still of course need to shingle the roof of the coop and add the top spiral.

Back
Top Bottom