Updates on the last pages: Neighbor is threatening me and my chickens

Pics
I wouldn’t let anyone, who didn’t already know, go thru this as well.

So I just found out who else is on the zoning appeals board. One of them, the chair, actively dislikes my neighbor and the other signed a petition to keep them around. She actually wrote the petition. So I’m hoping they’ll see through my neighbors BS. There’s going to be an appeals meeting sometime in the next two weeks. My neighbor can contest the variance there. We plan on telling the board we don’t want the variance forever. Just until we move. I figured out, by talking to a lawyer again, that my anxiety is considered a disability. In NYS to get a use variance there needs to be a hardship that I didn’t bring on myself. My anxiety is that hardship. I didn’t ask to have anxiety. Or to have the chickens help with that. But they do help. Immensely. I’m hoping this plan works. If it doesn’t I’m back to hiding them in my house. My husband wants to ask for a “stay” until we move. But I don’t think the ordinance officer will go for that.

What a disaster for you 🤦🏻‍♀️ i saw early on yr mom referred to him as a wet-brain. In medical lingo that refers to a chronic heavy alcoholic whose upper brain has lost volume - it manifests as dementia-type behaviors. Many folks in this situation are NOT easy or pleasant (then you have the smaller number who are like Rev Jim from Taxi who can drive you to distraction but who are not mean.) From that standpoint yr neighbor will stay the same or change for the worse in terms of mentation. Talking with him is pretty pointless bc the majority of it likely wont be remembered. If his wife is nasty too keep in mind shes been an enabler for decades. They sound like quite the toxic soup!
I hope you find some peace! 🙏🏻

What a disaster for you 🤦🏻‍♀️ i saw early on yr mom referred to him as a wet-brain. In medical lingo that refers to a chronic heavy alcoholic whose upper brain has lost volume - it manifests as dementia-type behaviors. Many folks in this situation are NOT easy or pleasant (then you have the smaller number who are like Rev Jim from Taxi who can drive you to distraction but who are not mean.) From that standpoint yr neighbor will stay the same or change for the worse in terms of mentation. Talking with him is pretty pointless bc the majority of it likely wont be remembered. If his wife is nasty too keep in mind shes been an enabler for decades. They sound like quite the toxic soup!
I hope you find some peace! 🙏🏻
That explains so much. He is definitely a heavy drinker. Has been since I’ve known him. He’s drunk or high most of the day. I think he wakes up drunk sometimes. He has dementia like symptoms too. He never remembers my name or anything I tell him. He’s always telling the same stories. His wife is just as mean. Maybe worse because he doesn’t do anything without her say so. I know they used to beat the crap out of each other. They would go out, get drunk, then go back home and scream at each other in the street. You could hear them when they took the fighting inside their house too. They are toxic people. The worst kind too. The ones that act all nice to your face then talk about you, and twist the story, behind your back.

That explains so much. He is definitely a heavy drinker. Has been since I’ve known him. He’s drunk or high most of the day. I think he wakes up drunk sometimes. He has dementia like symptoms too. He never remembers my name or anything I tell him. He’s always telling the same stories. His wife is just as mean. Maybe worse because he doesn’t do anything without her say so. I know they used to beat the crap out of each other. They would go out, get drunk, then go back home and scream at each other in the street. You could hear them when they took the fighting inside their house too. They are toxic people. The worst kind too. The ones that act all nice to your face then talk about you, and twist the story, behind your back.

I hit the 'wow' emoji but sadly its more common than any if us would like! You can be 100% sure you have done all you reasonably can and that none of this us yr fault. Thats something you can feel good about. These folks are just paired poison - there are ppl we can NEVER reach with logic or kindness or reasonableness!
I hope things are going well for you otherwise 😇

So the dog warden says as long as the dog is under control and not trespassing it can be off leash. I feel like that isn’t right. Here’s the small section on running at large in the village. I’m not sure what applicable laws it’s talking about because this is the only one that mentions pets or livestock. Unless it means NYS laws.

Attachments

• DE9BFDE7-47E3-4F47-A60D-8AACC7B149AA.jpeg
    DE9BFDE7-47E3-4F47-A60D-8AACC7B149AA.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 4
So the dog warden says as long as the dog is under control and not trespassing it can be off leash. I feel like that isn’t right. Here’s the small section on running at large in the village. I’m not sure what applicable laws it’s talking about because this is the only one that mentions pets or livestock. Unless it means NYS laws.
Isn’t the dog not under control & actually trespassing? I guess that can apply for example, if we take my dog in the car & come home, we let him out off leash & he runs right to the front door to come inside (under control, not trespassing) because technically he isn’t confined at that point. But his dog situation sounds very different. If the dog is on your property can you leash him & take him to a shelter/call the dog warden & report him as a “loose dog,” then make a record of it?

Isn’t the dog not under control & actually trespassing? I guess that can apply for example, if we take my dog in the car & come home, we let him out off leash & he runs right to the front door to come inside (under control, not trespassing) because technically he isn’t confined at that point. But his dog situation sounds very different. If the dog is on your property can you leash him & take him to a shelter/call the dog warden & report him as a “loose dog,” then make a record of it?
Since I fenced in my whole yard the dog doesn’t trespass on my property. But it does on the neighbor on the other side(of the a-hole neighbor). The dog warden told me that when she showed up the dog was under control… so the dog has to be out of control when she shows up? I even showed her a video of him letting the dog off leash and onto the neighbors property. She said the dog wasn’t out of control. 😑 How come this guy is allowed to have his dog off leash in an open yard and I’m getting into trouble for all kinds of stuff?

If the dog trespassed on my property I would capture it and take it to the shelter. My husband even suggested taking the fence down to provoke the dog. But I don’t want my chickens going into his yard.

I feel even less comfortable leaving my flock temporarily with the farmer. I give him my extra (unsellable for me) roosters. He is able to sell them through his networks and it supports his farm.

Today I dropped off a troublesome rooster. I wanted to breed him for his frizzled feathers but he is really unbreedable. Since he doesn’t mate well and doesn’t tolerate other roosters at all. Even if he grew up with them. His father was the same way. So I sent him to the farm to be with all the ladies there. Well today the farmer told me he throws his hens if they bite him when he’s collecting eggs. Not a toss either. Like literally throws them. I get that chickens have wings but who just throws their animals around? Like a baseball he said. He also has a male turkey in with all these hens. The hens pick at the turkeys feathers too.

I can’t, in good conscience, leave my hens on this farm. Or any rooster I plan on keeping. I hope I don’t have to and that we get the variance. Hiding them all in my house will be tough but better than being thrown around. I get everyone does things differently but that isn’t the way I want my animals treated.

I feel even less comfortable leaving my flock temporarily with the farmer. I give him my extra (unsellable for me) roosters. He is able to sell them through his networks and it supports his farm.

Today I dropped off a troublesome rooster. I wanted to breed him for his frizzled feathers but he is really unbreedable. Since he doesn’t mate well and doesn’t tolerate other roosters at all. Even if he grew up with them. His father was the same way. So I sent him to the farm to be with all the ladies there. Well today the farmer told me he throws his hens if they bite him when he’s collecting eggs. Not a toss either. Like literally throws them. I get that chickens have wings but who just throws their animals around? Like a baseball he said. He also has a male turkey in with all these hens. The hens pick at the turkeys feathers too.

I can’t, in good conscience, leave my hens on this farm. Or any rooster I plan on keeping. I hope I don’t have to and that we get the variance. Hiding them all in my house will be tough but better than being thrown around. I get everyone does things differently but that isn’t the way I want my animals treated.
Perhaps reduce your flock(s) to the bare minimum that can fit comfortably in your house and will be needed to start all over at your new place.

Sell off the surplus now, you can always start your incubator loaded with eggs when all this trouble you are still facing will be history.

Perhaps reduce your flock(s) to the bare minimum that can fit comfortably in your house and will be needed to start all over at your new place.

Sell off the surplus now, you can always start your incubator loaded with eggs when all this trouble you are still facing will be history.
That was part of the plan. To keep the main flock and my special needs chickens in my house. If push came to shove. Then have my breeder/ project birds go temporarily to the farm. But I’m thinking we will be able to move or show the village we’re moving before I have to sell any of my birds.

My neighbor is also harassing my husband now. There’s a chip in his house that he’s convinced my husband did since we got a new truck. My husband worked on a car lot parking cars. He knows how to back up tractor trailers. But my neighbor insists we messed up his house. Now anytime we back into the drive he comes out and screams at my husband. Tomorrow we’re calling the county sheriffs to see what they can do about this. Hopefully we can get a restraining order and make this guy move. I’m afraid he’s going to go after my kids next the way he’s acting.

My neighbor is also harassing my husband now. There’s a chip in his house that he’s convinced my husband did since we got a new truck. My husband worked on a car lot parking cars. He knows how to back up tractor trailers. But my neighbor insists we messed up his house. Now anytime we back into the drive he comes out and screams at my husband.
Get it on camera with the exact date and time and have him shipped off to a mental institution. Enough is enough.

Back
Top Bottom