Updates on the last pages: Neighbor is threatening me and my chickens

We have gotten pre-approved for a loan and are looking at houses.

You may already know this, but watch out for HOAs (Home Owners' Associations.)

In some areas, it's easy to find a house that is not in an HOA. But in some other areas, almost every house is in an HOA, and you are stuck with whatever rules they made (usually forbids chickens.)

You may already know this, but watch out for HOAs (Home Owners' Associations.)

In some areas, it's easy to find a house that is not in an HOA. But in some other areas, almost every house is in an HOA, and you are stuck with whatever rules they made (usually forbids chickens.)
Oh boy i know about those. I have been avoiding anything that says HOA. I found a couple nice houses way up in the woods where neither me or my husband get cell service. I’m hoping we get one of those. After all this crap I’m okay with becoming a hermit and living off the land. None of them are HOAs. Most of the HOAs around here are in the city tho.

Lyrics in the song “Copperhead Road”. Make sure you have something to drink out in those woods is what BrooksHatlen meant!

I hope you get to move, and if you get one of those houses I hope you still have access to internet to post on occasion, just because I’ll miss you! Lol

When I moved to my paradise in the sticks, I had to change cell services because no one could hear me now. 😉

If you are lucky enough to escape an HOA, ask if the property is still part of a subdivision. If it is, get your hands on a copy of the covenants and read what restrictions there may be on livestock. My “subdivision” was created when the big ranch carved off five chunks of 20+ acre lots. Our only big restrictions are no commercial hog farming and no mobile homes (or tar paper or cinderblock).

Back
Top Bottom