Upgraded Farm innovators 3g heated waterer

Dominik

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 14, 2014
Quebec, Canada
We bought the farm innovators heated waterer for this winter and I would never recommend this waterer . Since I couldn't return it, I tried my best to make it useable. I replaced the water bucket for a smaller one and glued it ( harder to wash but now the thing stays in one peace when I flip it over). I also used an old bucket to raise the edge of the waterer because it was impossible to take it out of the coop without spilling water everywhere. I have it hanging from the top AND sitting on a peace of wood to avoid spilling. There is also a tray under the bedding where the waterer is.

Nice ingenuity!

FYI, when I was viewing reviews on amazon on various poultry related items, I found that the Farm Innovators brand had consistently poor reviews. They seem to be well marketed and often have an attractive price. I'm sure many folks are happy with their FI products, but the reviews were telling.

I bought two of those a couple of years ago and tried to return them. No dice. I hate them too. Very poor design. I can't tell you how many times I've had water all over me and/or the coop floor when trying to fill them. But, since I'm stuck with them and I hate wasting money, I use them. They're great at keeping the water from freezing. I like your idea too. We've thought about drilling a hole in the top with a plug and filling them that way. Not sure if that will work but we thought we would try it on one of them when the weather's warmer again. Right now, both of the thermostats have stopped working in them and I'm looking to try & find replacement thermostats on the internet, maybe a hardware store too.

I hated mine too. It's now not in use, kept as emergency backup only. I moved to the heated metal bases, with the metal waterers on top. In less severe weather, a small heat lamp over the metal waterer works pretty well too. Mary

Back
Top Bottom