Upgrading brooder

They’re now munching on a few smooshed mealworms 😋

Attachments

• IMG_3115.jpeg
    IMG_3115.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Super cute. I hate to be a downer here but when you say that your coop arrived in a cardboard box....... Are those standard size chickens? In a pre-fab type coop? If so, get ready to modify it not long after you move them to it (they're typically way to small.) Or hopefully I'm wrong and you have a good plan already. I can tell you that I just moved 2-3 week olds out to the coop with a MHP and a ceramic lamp since we're still in the low 30's at night. They're all doing great. Yours will be fine without the red lamp! ENJOY!

Super cute. I hate to be a downer here but when you say that your coop arrived in a cardboard box....... Are those standard size chickens? In a pre-fab type coop? If so, get ready to modify it not long after you move them to it (they're typically way to small.) Or hopefully I'm wrong and you have a good plan already. I can tell you that I just moved 2-3 week olds out to the coop with a MHP and a ceramic lamp since we're still in the low 30's at night. They're all doing great. Yours will be fine without the red lamp! ENJOY!
Thank you. Here’s a link to the coop we got. It’s about 6sq feet with a run about 7’x6’ and that will be in a fenced yard for even more of a free range when I’m home on nice days. I hope we don’t regret it and are willing to add on or modify as needed. Fingers crossed 🤞 I’m glad to know yours are fine without the lamp. I think they’re feeling the heat now from the ceramic bulb so I’m happy to know the light is not a big deal.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...dian-chicken-coop-14-chicken-capacity-1994517

Thank you. Here’s a link to the coop we got. It’s about 6sq feet with a run about 7’x6’ and that will be in a fenced yard for even more of a free range when I’m home on nice days. I hope we don’t regret it and are willing to add on or modify as needed. Fingers crossed 🤞 I’m glad to know yours are fine without the lamp. I think they’re feeling the heat now from the ceramic bulb so I’m happy to know the light is not a big deal.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...dian-chicken-coop-14-chicken-capacity-1994517
It's a good start and good that you're prepared to modify/expand. When you have time, check out all of the great coop information - small, medium, large coop articles on BYC for inspiration!

It's a good start and good that you're prepared to modify/expand. When you have time, check out all of the great coop information - small, medium, large coop articles on BYC for inspiration!
Yes I’ve been reading here like crazy. So many options and opinions 😬 but I like getting ideas.
Wow.
Says it good for 14 chickens but the 6 or 7 in the pics look crowded.
Exactly. I’ve learned that these pre fab coops are only big enough for half of what they advertise.

Back
Top Bottom