UPS and USPS both?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rebelcowboysnb, Feb 14, 2011.

1. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Can someone explain the logic in this.... Ordered something. They shipped it UPS, not to my home but to my local post office where they put it in the US mail.... I know that adds a day to the shipping an I'm lost as to how that saves money so, um, why?

Dalton, GA, United States 02/14/2011 10:44 A.M. Tendered to local post office
    02/14/2011 5:00 A.M. Destination Scan
    Dalton, GA, United States 02/11/2011 9:30 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Doraville, GA, United States 02/11/2011 7:37 P.M. Departure Scan
    02/11/2011 1:16 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Latham, NY, United States 02/10/2011 4:25 A.M. Departure Scan
    Latham, NY, United States 02/09/2011 9:21 P.M. Origin Scan
    United States 02/09/2011 6:19 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

2. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I've seen that before. I think it depends on the destination that the post office will contract out some of their delivery to UPS.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That made me so crazy recently. You can track by UPS, but then, they hand if off to the P.O. and you can't track past that point. Took a week to get something that should have taken two days (fabric ordered online). Can't imagine the logic behind it. Talk about INefficient!

4. rebelcowboysnb

Well normally the truck out of Dalton delivers strait to me so I should have had the box today.. So I sit around waiting on it...... So now at the very least it will be noon tomorrow... [​IMG]

5. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    All the mail from our biggest city goes to the next biggest city a bit over an hour away before it is delivered right back to the city they picked it up from.

6. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Y'er to far out in the sticks and the UPS driver doesn't trust us country folks.....you know "hey boy you got a pretty smile"

I know I know
    Shut up Steve

7. rebelcowboysnb

He better trust me.... [​IMG] We went to high school together...

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG]

Yep and so true. USPS and UPS both deliver out here to us in the sticks. Fedex won't. Gee I thought my dogs were being pretty friendly to the fedex guy last time. [​IMG]
    I have a package coming fedex this week. I know it will arrive later than their tracking says it will, because they'll hand it off to the post office to deliver. I'm not going to complain though, it was free shipping.

9. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:Were you in the same gym class?

10. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Quote:He actually knows you and you still expect him to TRUST you??? [​IMG] How well does he really know you???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by