UPSET AT POST OFFICE! **UPDATED!!**

Quote:
I hear ya'. COMPLETELY. Some people are just....
barnie.gif

Need I say more?
wink.png

Quote:
Heaven forbid you don't have a personal paypal account... I always have to add those fees in as well. It is a shame when people don't think about all of the effort that goes into selling... For most people, you only hear from them when something is wrong, apparently if things are right you are just suppose to assume. I know I recently shipped eggs for a group hatching project using the new larger flat rate box and about cried when I heard that about half the eggs were destroyed. Sometimes it doesn't matter how careful you pack... your package is one of thousands that move through that loading bay everyday and if a 60 lb box is dropped on it, what can you do?

I use to be a contract carrier and I always tried to go out of my way to make my customers happy. I think I only had one problem customer and she regularly made calls to the state troopers about strange lights and aliens, so I didn't take it personal... I loved the job satisfaction I got, hated the route as it was 75 miles long on one of the worst roads to travel in the winter.

I am just hoping that your customer confused your package with another... has been known to happen...

Okay--so I called the post office in OH this morning & the guy admitted he was "new to this" and wasn't able to look up any transactions from last Wednesday. He did assure me that if it was a flat rate box & it was not over 70lbs, there is no way the dude would have been charged for it....

To top it off, the dude in question has not responded to my emails or left me any feedback on eBay, yet....

He was VERY quick to respond before I asked to see the eggs that were cracked & for a copy or picture of the receipt from the post office...but now, it's been almost 15 hours & no response?
hu.gif

So I'm thinking he was wanting eggs for free? I hate to have unhappy customers but I do realize you can't please them all.....and there are some freaks out there.
smack.gif

Anyway, I'll let everyone know if something else happens or develops....

Thanks!

~Heather

I may be wrong, but didn't Ebay change their feedback to where the buyer can leave a neg feedback, but the seller can't. In situations like this, it is completely unfair. Why should he be able to bash you in feedbach and he not even feel threatened by a neg.

Quote:
I wouldn't think he left for the weekend where he has eggs in the bator. So, I would think you're right on his wanting free eggs. If RubberChickenLubber is correct, I don't use Ebay so I have no clue, you would think he would be quick to post a neg feedback. Makes you wonder why no contact now that you started questioning him, doesn't it?

Did you maybe cover the printing on the box with all your labels? If you do that they no longer honour the flat rate, and charge the regular priority rate for that weight.

There is an option in eBay for leaving a response to a buyer's negative feedback. I haven't had to use it (
fl.gif
) but I've seen it when I perused feedback for sellers I was thinking of purchasing from.

Guessing from the feedback I've seen here from your transactions, I'm betting that you did a terrific job, have beautiful eggs, and he's hoping for more eggs because of it. I'm also guessing that he's done it before, and had entire batches replaced at no charge. Makes me sad that people will do that.
idunno.gif
I take photos religiously of all the packages I received... unopened showing any damage to the outside and documenting labels and flags, and then each step of the unpacking process so that IF there's a problem, I can show that it truly happened. I would think that anyone would do that. I'm even thinking of documenting my packing process, when I get to that point, to cover my butt, too. So far, all the eggs I've received have been packed like Fort Knox, and only time will tell whether they hatch or not...
fl.gif

You cannot please everyone all of the time. You've done all you can... until you hear back from the guy, don't sweat it. I know negative feedback is not desired, but if people only see one neg amongst all the positive, they have to be clued in that there was something going on.
wink.png

Hang in there, take a deep breath, and smile... WE know it's not you.

I've never taken pix of eggs I received...but then again when a box I get has had broken eggs I haven't ever asked for the seller to replace it b/c I KNOW it's not their fault. It's a risk I take. I've had chicks die an since the others were totally healthy I refused a refund.
I dunno, It's pretty easy to tell honest people from the not so honest ones. It's ok, they've got theirs coming.
Kristi
Edited b/c I dunno where my mind is...

Last edited:
Quote:
I wouldn't think he left for the weekend where he has eggs in the bator. So, I would think you're right on his wanting free eggs. If RubberChickenLubber is correct, I don't use Ebay so I have no clue, you would think he would be quick to post a neg feedback. Makes you wonder why no contact now that you started questioning him, doesn't it?

Yes, still NO emails from him.....
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom