UPSET AT POST OFFICE! **UPDATED!!**

Quote:
Kristi--

Yeah, I have received a few broken eggs, too...but I just let the seller know, I don't demand my money back or more eggs. I just bite my tongue & hope the remaining eggs hatch. I've been pretty lucky that I always get an extra egg or two in my shipments, which usually makes up for any damaged eggs....so we'll see....

Guys, I have a question about this as a buyer. I just received eggs that I won off ebay, opened them and 4 were broken out of a dozen, they were shipped on Wed. so sat in the post office over the weekend, just sent the dozen, no extra's. I paid $15 for the eggs and $15 for shipping= $30. So my question is this, how would you rate them on ebay? What would you say? I've never left a negitive feedback nor do I ever want to but, I really can't leave a positive either on this case, .... Can I?Thanks

Well, remember, the extras are just that, extras. If I have extra eggs, I will send some, but there have been times, I really did not have them to send. If you paid for a dozen and got a dozen, then you did get what you paid for. The shipping seems a bit high, though. I have paid as much as about $16 for shipping, but I sent almost 2 dozen eggs, so the box was heavy.

I have been using Ebay for many years and have made hundreds of transactions. I have a positive feedback of 573 with 6 negatives. Every single negative I got was in retaliation to my leaving negative feedback for a seller. The ones I did that too really deserved it, mostly for blatant misrepresentations.

You are in a tough spot on the Ebay feedback front. The bottom line... he can leave you negative feedback for whatever reason he wants and you can do the same for him and Ebay will not intervene unless the feedback violates Ebay rules for content. Even then Ebay will only remove the offending content, the strike will stand.

From what I have read in the posts the guy is either:

A. Lying and trying to take advantage
B. Foolish for paying extra postage instead of pointing out the obvious and stinging from some bad luck on that shipment. Postage due can only come from parcel post that was presented wrong in weight or measurement. Flat rate within rules is flat rate.

If you were to be gracious enough to assume the guy is telling the truth in everything he has reported.... The bottom line is he has had a bad experience with shipping eggs and no matter what you do for him that will not change. If he were a reasonable person and you bent over backwards to help him out a reasonable person would be appreciative and leave you glowing feedback. However, see B above.

Regarding the feedback... he does not sound reasonable and you are liable to see a negative no matter what you do. All you can do is hold back until and unless he does strike against you. I say stand your ground! No honorable person would ever try to extort a person with threats. Take away is weapon, tell him if he feels compelled to blackmail you that you feel compelled to ignore him. Leave the wretch to live with it with no further satisfaction from you.

If he could demonstrate the postage charge I would refund that. That's it. In that event, you would win the morale ground of right behavior.

Quote:
If you are not satisfied..... Don't leave any feedback at all. While I would suggest that Monday or Tuesday shipping would have been better... the four eggs, in my experience receiving hatching eggs, is not too bad.

The best packaging results I see are when eggs are packed in egg cartons with shredded paper and then packed in a larger box with shredded paper or bubble wrap.

Next best has been bubble wrap all the way.

The worst is bubble wrapped eggs dropped in a box with styrofoam peanuts.
hmm.png

Quote:
I would contact the seller before you do anything. You don't have to be confrontional or mad about--I'd just be very polite (kill em with kindness) and just say something like:

"I received your eggs today. I was sad to see that 4 out of the 12 were broken during shipment. I just thought I would let you know so you may change the way you package the eggs in the future."

Has this person left you feedback, yet? If not--I'd just see what their response is to your private email, first. If they have--you could always leave a neutral feedback comment. That doesn't count for or against their account. Also, if the eggs were packaged very well & still broke, I'd think it would be the post office's issue. Most sellers of eggs have disclaimers on their listings that say they are not responsible for eggs damaged during shipping or the hatchability of the eggs....

Hope it goes well for you! Shipping eggs (and receiving them) is tough enough!
smile.png

If the seller stated in their auction that they ship on Wednesdays, and did not state specifically that they would send extras (which are not guaranteed, but a courtesy by the seller), then your experience with the seller should be considered positive, neutral at worst. They have no control over USPS, so any breakage is really not their fault unless you can prove that they didn't use any packing material at all. All you can do is perhaps write to them and let them know what your hatch rate was, and suggest that they only ship on Mondays and Tuesdays to avoid the weekends. Most likely, unless they were saving the eggs for a week already, you will still get a fairly good hatch. I had quail eggs floating around the state for a week, and they still are viable.
Another option is to contact the seller first... if they communicate well, then definitely a positive feedback should be given.

Good luck with your hatch~
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom