Upset: Ebay sale Buff Orps Eggs, First a broken shipment from another

2txmedics

Songster
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
Manvel Texas
Quote:
well I had another ebay seller sell us "pure bred buff orps"...well my babies hatched and I noticed that 3 dont look like the others, I ordered 18 and only 12 hatched, 2 died. so out of 10 ....3 look different. I contacted the seller asking if I did infact buy Pure Bred Orps and this is what I got back in a reply, which he doesnt say in his ads:

Dear 2txmedics,

Hi Yes they are pure breed Buff-Orpingtons 10+ or 16+ extra form our other pens that also are pure breeds of different breeds mixed together could come up with about anything. Ps. what are EEs. Thanks Wayne

- just1dirt

36033_buff.jpg

cell phone picture, see the dark coming into the wings....so he is a mixed as are some of the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 hatching and 2 dying out of 18 is not bad at all for eggs shipped through the mail, especially if they were shipped in the summer. My interpretation of what he is saying is that yes, you got the number of purebred orpington eggs you ordered and that he throws in extras from other purebreds or from his mixed pens. Kind of like Murray McMurray throws in an extra chick from something else for the fun of it. That would explain some different chicks hatching, so from 12 hatching, you lost 2, leaving 10 of which most are purebred orps and the others crosses or other purebreds.

yes, I think I counted and going to end up with 4 that are crossed. But shouldnt his ad say he does that? Im confused on this part...If Im buying and am looking for Pure...shouldnt I get that?

I didnt know to ask, as Im new into this chicken thing, and the bator as a bday gift.

I do think the ad should state that the extras could be from any pen. Some people only want a specific breed. I don't think that he should be advertising with the "+" unless those pluses are going to be of the same breed.
Just my opinion...

Back
Top Bottom