UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

Quote:
Haha Vinnie was on a fishing guiding tour today my DD was babysitting my gorgeous niece and I meant to tell him about us and couldnt:-( Ill fill him in ater this coming week-I invited him but Im sure he doesnt nor his wife want their daughter around "dirty chickens" LOL...

You tell Vince that the only dirty bird is sitting in some Tyson or Purdue factory somewhere in Alabama. Tell him that my 10 month old daughter had piece of chicken poop in her mouth the other day and she was just fine! I'm glad he is only on Facebook and not one here because then I wouldn't be saying that. Vince is look a big brother to me. He took me on many journeys where we never left the front porch.

OMG Gavin They would be mortified! They are very good parents and Vinny is Mr Mom for sure-just like I knew he would be wonderful daddy--and Maddy is a daddy's girl 100%! His wife would vomit---

Hawk tonight! I was talking on the cell phone and there were about dozen buff orps and the Dominique rooster about 30 yeards from the woods when I saw them running at level 10 to the woods as oppossed to the Henny Penny level 7. I looked up and sure enough a low flying hawk was coming up the field. Usually only see them mid day when the thermals are good. The hawk was interested but I ran underneath it and it eventually moved on. I got to give it to the girls, they are pretty darn observant. Also, I will put my Dominique rooster against anyone else in a 100 yard dash - they are sprinters!

Quote:
I see hawks around here from time to time but we have alot of tree coverage:) Never lost one to an air predetor-its the night time ones that have gotten some of ours!

Im going to call some more of the top chicken companies for more prizes for the raffle...Hope I get more results this round..

Last edited:
Quote:
I see hawks around here from time to time but we have alot of tree coverage:) Never lost one to an air predetor-its the night time ones that have gotten some of ours!

Im going to call some more of the top chicken companies for more prizes for the raffle...Hope I get more results this round..

Natalie - have you come across Cornerstone Farm Ventures? http://www.cornerstone-farm.com/ They have an awesome poultry supply company. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them and met the owner in person at a workshop. I can shoot him an email if you would like.

Off to a Poultry Processing Workshop at Asgaard Farm in Ausable Forks this morning. If people didn't know, Ward Lumber in Jay is supplying poultry products and feed now too.

Have a great day!

Wow, they've got some decent stuff on that site. Some of the knives are really nice and not that bad of a price either. I may have to bookmark that site, thanks for posting it.

Quote:

Natalie - have you come across Cornerstone Farm Ventures? http://www.cornerstone-farm.com/ They have an awesome poultry supply company. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them and met the owner in person at a workshop. I can shoot him an email if you would like.

Off to a Poultry Processing Workshop at Asgaard Farm in Ausable Forks this morning. If people didn't know, Ward Lumber in Jay is supplying poultry products and feed now too.

Have a great day!

awesome! if you think you can attain some goodies for the raffle-then have at it Gavin--that would totally wonderful!--Ive been emialing all morning again to all major companies too-phew fingers hurt! have a great time at ausable cant wait to hear how it went!

Quote:
you rock girl! Get those eyelashes batting...LOO...have at it- I went to the main TSC center and heard nothing:-( but Im not giving up as My goal is to have what Steph and JAson had to raffle and more different items too!!! Gosh this is going to be the best time !!!!

sounds great!
thumbsup.gif

ok this am I contacted Ideal-flemingoutdoors-blue seal-murray mcmurray-and a few more local companies-man thats alot of work took me an hour just to contact 4 companies LOL....think big folks think big! I have my eye on the 7 gallon waterer from Meyers that is sitting in my back "chickenstock room" Im going to have to buy alot of raffle tickets to get that sucker..Whoever wins it.....Ill trade with yah for something? Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom