UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

Quote:
Many of us are farther away than that. After being at the last one, you can probably tell we are really, REALLY looking forward to the next. I know I'm planning to come up the night before - luckily my friend has a friend who's about five minutes from there that we can stay with. Please try to come - you won't be sorry. It's so great to write to people whose faces you know and whose voices you've heard.

coool whos the friend? I probably know them if they are like 5 minutes from me!!

THE MEATIES HAVE ARRIVED!!! ORDERED 26 FROM MEYERS AND 26 HEALTHY STARVING BABIES ARRIVED-i HAD TO LEAVE WORK TO GET THEM. They got delivered the the wrong PO had to leave work and drive 25 minutes away to get them drove them home dipped and fed the all and they are doing great-pooping up a storm already. Youngest 12 yr old DD was in love-I told her DONT BOTHER-no naming-nothing they will be our winter stockpile of meat come Oct 3rd!

They are cute and hard to resist when they are that little, but once they start growing, she won't be as fascinated with them!

Quote:
new avatar!!! LOVE IT!!! The meaties all look good and have aready gone through alot of food for babies! Im going to track it all ad see how much it truly costs for them until processing day!

Quote:
new avatar!!! LOVE IT!!! The meaties all look good and have aready gone through alot of food for babies! Im going to track it all ad see how much it truly costs for them until processing day!

The new avatar is Caleb, our daughter's Cuckoo Polish roo from Gretchen! She absolutely adores him and he is such a camera ham! He loves to have his picture taken. Hopefully Arwen will be showing him at the PA farm show in January.

Glad to hear all the meaties are doing good. They are hogs! I couldn't believe how much they ate for such little things!

Quote:

What kind of feed are you giving them? Curious....

Quote:

What kind of feed are you giving them? Curious....

It runs just pennies shy of 14$ a 50lb bag blue seal turkey starter crumbles--they are woofing!!!

Sooooo a few things... One. Is anyone bringing any bantam lav ameraucanas? My little roo is awesome and deserves a mate. Two. I think I may have a few more raffle prizes on the line but I'm not sure yet. Three. There is a Northern NY Show Swap at Waddington Arena on September 19th all are invited. Nice show/swap. Four... After going to the Gouverneur St. Lawrence County Fair I will NEVER show poultry. People are AWEFUL to the chickens. They poke at them, shove stuff in the cages flick at them and throw stuff at them to make them flake out then laugh... em... NOPE...

Quote:
I will probably have bantam lav ameraucana eggs. Mine are just about to start laying. I'm not planning to hatch any right now though, but I do have some extra roos, need another roo lol.

Back
Top Bottom