UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

Quote:
Three goats?! What kind?

And, you can never forget the silkies!!!!

Beautiful little nubians, two bucks that are half brothers and a runt doeling from Tiaview. All are bottle babies. I sold her some birds earlier this year. I am sooooo excited. My friend is boarding them for me until I get the farm leveled out. She has a nice organic farm here and plenty of room (she owns multiple barns and over 400 acres LOL).

Quote:
Three goats?! What kind?

And, you can never forget the silkies!!!!

Beautiful little nubians, two bucks that are half brothers and a runt doeling from Tiaview. All are bottle babies. I sold her some birds earlier this year. I am sooooo excited. My friend is boarding them for me until I get the farm leveled out. She has a nice organic farm here and plenty of room (she owns multiple barns and over 400 acres LOL).

Awww, baby goats are so cute!
love.gif
We are thinking of selling our 3 boer goats because we don't have enough time to spend with them and have them out grazing. Plus, with all the chickens we are going to be showing, we won't be able to show the goats.

Quote:
I dont have any lav bantam ameraucana pullets now, but I am planning on hatching a bunch in the spring, so I am sure I will have too many. I dont know how far you are from me though lol.

Quote:
First of all I wish people would stop calling Silkies chickens. They are not nor will they ever be chickens, IMO. They are aliens from another planet come here to suck out your brains and steal our technology. I know cuz I read it in the Natiional Enquirer.

Yes I see chicks, but what kind of chicks and how much?

Jams and Jellies? How much?

Quote:
First of all I wish people would stop calling Silkies chickens. They are not nor will they ever be chickens, IMO. They are aliens from another planet come here to suck out your brains and steal our technology. I know cuz I read it in the Natiional Enquirer.

Yes I see chicks, but what kind of chicks and how much?

Jams and Jellies? How much?

you are too funny Rancher Hicks
the chicks are EE chicks and they are $1.50 each

Price will depend on size I do the little 4oz teaser jars, 8oz (1/2 pint), and pint jars. The tomatoes are in pint and quart sizes. I even have enough time to potentially do custom orders depending on what you want. I have peach preserves too, forgot to mention that. Peach is a little pricier only because I can only get organic peaches from one amish farm up here, the rest spray. Mr Herschberger is reasonable though. I have hot peppers, but have not made pepper jelly yet this year. I also have mint for mint jelly. I have out of the ordinary stuff like "queens anne lace jelly" too.

Nat I could totally teach you to can babe. I can pressure can, but dont have a pressure canner right now so I dont do meat products or your more traditional canned veggies. I'll buy a new one when the farm is fully up and running.

Tentatively I can tell you the standard jelly jars (8oz) are $3.50 each (concord, apple, strawberry, blueberry) and peach is $4.00. Like I said they're from organic local sources. The caramel apple jam is dangerous... one of my friends refers to it as an "O" in a jar
lol.png

Tomatoe sauce is 4 pint and 5.50 per quart, tomatoes, spices and garlic are from my garden. I can do custom sauce if it's desired that could add things like organic onion and peppers. Just say the word!
Canned stewed tomatoes are 3.00 per pint and 4.00 per quart again I can dress them up if you custom order.

I also have home grown organic hard stem garlic cloves for fall planting available. Just say the word
smile.png

Exactly three weeks until the big day so I will now start taking PM's on what eggs you want to auction off. Half the proceeds are to go to the host to help cover the expenses. If you want it all to go to her please let me know. I would prefer full dozens but will also take 1/2 and 1/2 to make a full dozen. Any fowl is accepted also...chickens, ducks, turkeys, quail etc....Please send it in the following format.

Your BYC Name
Dozen 1
and if more...Dozen 2
Dozen 3...etc

Please do not let this information leak out to the hen house. As we all know, after we promise eggs they refuse to lay.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom