UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

gig.gif
lau.gif
clap.gif

Quote:
I am very lucky in that I have 2 places where my roos can go to be rehomed. it isn't easy giving them up as I actually would likely keep a number of gorgeous roos if I could get away with it.
Mame, how is that Favorelle pair doing. What a handsome man he is.

And the fav mix??? She can come live with me anytime if you need space.
wink.png

Quote:
does that person need any more? Seems 75% of my last hatch will be roos. Very pretty ones, but roos just the same. I have six silkies and those will be my roos if any of them are in fact male (although if ALL of them are male, might have to rehome a few there too). LOL. I figure my neighbors might not want me to 'dispatch' a poor little silkie roo.
tongue.png

I hate the idea of 'free roosters' on craigslist, but what can ya do?
smile.png
(and no, I don't eat them hahaha).

Quote:
does that person need any more? Seems 75% of my last hatch will be roos. Very pretty ones, but roos just the same. I have six silkies and those will be my roos if any of them are in fact male (although if ALL of them are male, might have to rehome a few there too). LOL. I figure my neighbors might not want me to 'dispatch' a poor little silkie roo.
tongue.png

smile.png

Oh that is a LOT of roos.:<(
Good luck!
I wish I could help but you are far away from me I think?

What kind of roos???....forgot to ask.
hmm.png

Quote:
tongue.png

smile.png

Quote:
They are just pushing four weeks old, so too soon to tell for some, but the ones that I am SURE are roos are cuckoo maran, a blue orpington and a few that I think were supposed to be light brahma, but now I'm not sure of that ID since they aren't feathering in like that. I also have BLRW and cochin chicks as well as blue/splash maran , but they aren't showing the big legs and gigantic combs just yet. Cute little guys, tho.
smile.png

I feel bad for poor unwanted boy chickens, but what can ya do I guess.
sad.png
If my one showgirl's a roo I am going to try to keep him if I can.
smile.png

I think this one is cuckoo maran:
P1000926.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
They are just pushing four weeks old, so too soon to tell for some, but the ones that I am SURE are roos are cuckoo maran, a blue orpington and a few that I think were supposed to be light brahma, but now I'm not sure of that ID since they aren't feathering in like that. I also have BLRW and cochin chicks as well as blue/splash maran , but they aren't showing the big legs and gigantic combs just yet. Cute little guys, tho.
smile.png

I feel bad for poor unwanted boy chickens, but what can ya do I guess.
sad.png
If my one showgirl's a roo I am going to try to keep him if I can.
smile.png

I think this one is cuckoo maran:
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/fuzzyslipperz/P1000926.jpg

Showgirls are way too cute. Good grief they are conversation starters for sure. People used to come here...(I don't have any silkies right now) and flip over them.
I love silkies....my hens were louder than all get out EVERY darn morning though. 1 would lay her egg and all 6 would oohh & ahhh their silly heads off for bout 3 minutes or even longer at the top of their lungs. AND again.....as each other individual gal would lay it started all over! My neighbors were tolerant but I know they were bugging out on the closest side. He hates birds crapping on the fence so would send his wify to me asking WHY do you think so many birds come here and hang out? Cause you have chickens? Ahhhh..........welll..........I don't feed the wild birds unless we are having a horrific winter storm and they can't feed well....and they are free to crap where ever they like so don't ASK ME???? DUH???
I am so happy to move and have a gardener next door and he just loves chickens!

Now when I (hopefully get my tiny farm) I think no matter what it'll be OK as it is a large piece of property by standards here.
Check me out:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/146-Bentley-St_Staten-Island_NY_10307_M43517-69458

Certainly not a farm by many folks standards...LOL...but at the farthest tip of NYC and state this is it for me. Hubby is a city employee and that's that for many years to come.
That or back to the Adirondack's and jobless.
I am legal for horses as well I believe..... which are my first love even before chickens.....and an unexpected plus.. Keeping fingers crossed.
fl.gif

wish me luck people. I need it!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom