UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

Quote:
Im sobbing as I type-Im so sorry for everything all the way around
hit.gif
Im just so sorry nothing else could be done-for what your going through and for Fausto
hit.gif
RIP my big fat chopper buddy:-(
hugs.gif

Quote:
that just flat out sucks!! he peed in the house 2x first week here...but took almost 10 days to stop him from leaving me horse size piles in the kitchen!!
check out this link of fausto...his great trick of drinking from the water dispensor!!! talk about a mess!!! http://www.facebook.com/bob.singer.jr?v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=103969186327052

Just
this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Last edited:
Quote:
Awww I am sorry to hear that but you were there with him and that is a very good thing. I've had to make that decision three times in the last three years and each time it's never easy. Twice I did EVERYTHING - for years I went with a very grueling regimen that 99% of people would not have done (We're talking IV fluids, enemas and all sorts of whacky stuff) and in hindsight I should not have done either. Finally I had to give in and let go. The third time we had the sweetest kitten in the world that just kept getting sicker - the vet said it's either FIP (pretty much 100% fatal) or a liver shunt that would require a $5000 surgery not covered by our pet insurance. I had the best kitten ever PTS because I could not put him through all that if it was the more likely FIP and have him die in pain, nor could I afford a surgery for that much money if it was the other. Plus the surgery might need to be repeated!

So I definitely feel your pain.
sad.png

Quote:
Oh Muggs, I am so so sorry. I have held and petted 3 of my dogs as they were humanely put down, and it is a very very hard and sad thing. It is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I'm sitting here crying. However, it is the last kindness an owner can do for a dog. At least he was sent off being held and knowing somebody loved him. I am so sorry.

Quote:
So sorry for you and your family...I have had that experience on 4 different occasions and know it was so hard...again so sorry. I am sure in his brief stay with your family he was well loved and had awesome memories...

I'm so sorry to hear about Fausto.
hugs.gif
I wasnt able to make it to chickenstock, but have been reading and keeping up with this thread. He seemed like a wonderful dog, I'm glad you were able to take him in. We're going through something with our dog Daisy now. She started having accidents this morning in the house and now has a lot of blood in her urine. I take her into the vet in a little while. I'm thinking it is just a UTI, but shes had a few in the past, I dont know why she keeps getting them. She just went to the vet for check up and shots on the 6th, and we discovered she had an ear infection, so she finished those meds last week. She was fine though, they did bloodwork and everything because she got lymes disease last year, but all bloodwork was just fine. So I am so worried, but hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom