UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

Quote:
Tell everyone I said hi-I wish I could have made the trip as it seems all my buddies will be there:-( very cold and I have snow to wake me up this am
barnie.gif

I love the cold and snow!
smile.png
I just hate to lose DH when it snows. He's the Supervisor of 2 towns and has to plow. I can't wait for the day when we can take a walk in falling snow! Hope I'm still able to walk by then!
lau.gif

yah my Dh plows alot as we have 3 long driveways to the house. every year I always say just plow 1 driveway but it never happens:-( have a great time at the show:) I want details when you get back!

Yuck! I hate hot weather. I normally like cold snowy weather, but now that I am working full time and have to worry about these birds, maybe I won't like it so much this year.
smile.png

We are getting to 70 this week, which I HOPE will not prompt them to turn the heat off again at the college where I work. We had to fight to get the heat ON this week when it was COLD (I freeze all the time and have to wear layers to work) but temp going back up this week may prompt them to throw the switch the other way again..

Last edited:
Yay! Just rehomed 12 chickies to a nice 4H family with two cute little girls. At least 6 of the 12 were roosters, maybe more, but the little girls loved them anyways!
smile.png
Tried to get them to take a few guineas but alas, they already had some.
tongue.png

Now I have four possible pullets left + one very pretty probable roo I had to keep for now.
smile.png

No pips yet on the chickies, but they aren't really due till tomorrow night..

Back
Top Bottom