UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

I know the feeling mugs, we have FOUR separate groups of chickens and it's driving me nutso! I can't wait till I can integrate into no more than three groups. LOL. I just wish these guineas would decide they'd rather live in a tree so I could have some more room. They are taking up all my valuable coop space and I'm pretty sure they haven't eaten a single tick!
tongue.png
I have my layer chickens (8, but one's dying I think of internal laying so that's 7), the large coop with the guineas and four chickens, the barn 'coop' with my 9-week old silkies mixed in with 5 week old chicks (total of 6 silkies + 5 standard) and the latest hatch. If the guineas would leave I could mix the standards in with the four in the coop plus the mutt chicks when they are big enough, then put the silkies in with the bantams. if wishes were horses..

My cannabalistic chick is sleeping now. SO far the red light and the blue-kote have helped. And he's one of the tiny ones, picking on other tiny ones.

Last edited:
Quote:
Is K ready to kill you yet?

she's home dealing with the hatch..I'm in South Carolina

Yeah, I know. That's why I was wondering if she is ready to kill you?

Quote:
she's home dealing with the hatch..I'm in South Carolina

think she is starting to get the chicken fever!!! The more time she's been spending with them the more she's liking them...starting to see they actually have their own little personalities..

Quote:

think she is starting to get the chicken fever!!! The more time she's been spending with them the more she's liking them...starting to see they actually have their own little personalities..

OPh gosh Poor Kathy!!! If she gets into it as much as you that is TROUBLE!!!!

Quote:

OPh gosh Poor Kathy!!! If she gets into it as much as you that is TROUBLE!!!!

Better chickens than jewelry or shoes.....

Back
Top Bottom