UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

Finally downloaded some pics from my camera...just a couple shots of our view from Nat's cabins at chickenstock.....Nice Very Nice
The morning of..
IMG_5560.jpg

IMG_5562.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

Hello Chickenstockers!

Long time no hear. Things have been going great here, just got a milk cow a couple days ago! Everything has been great on the chicken front until today. Our submissive Dominque rooster, Black Black, decided he no longer wanted to be submissive and he attacked our beautiful and laid back Dorking rooster, Big Boy.

Black Black is a great free ranging bird. We have had several hawk attacks and whenever that happens Black Black is right on the hawk attacking it and giving us enough time to save the hen. No kidding, it is amazing that he goes after hawks. He follows the ladies all day all over our farm. He is very alert always sounding the alarm when needed. He went through a little agressive phase with people, but he is over it. He is not overly friendly with people, but not agressive either. He is one tough darn rooster.

I dont know who will win the battle, but we think it best to seperate the roosters. Our other rooster is a sweatheart and great with the kids. I'm worried Black Black is going to get the best of him. So now our whole system is out of whack until we can find Black Black a new home. If not I guess we will have to cull him.

He would be a great free ranging bird for someone. He is about 9 months old. Let me know if you are interested. I hope by some chance there is a good situation out there for him. I'll drive him quite a ways to get him to the right home. You can call me at 518-569-6292 or email [email protected].

Hope everything is well.

Take care,
Gavin

Back
Top Bottom