Urgent!! Assisted hatching! Chick is out!

Were all the eggs started in the incubator on the same day. Did the other chicks all hatch around day 21?. If it has had the same time as the others and is three days over hatch date it may have physical issues stopping it from hatching. I would pip the membrane with something very small as it will eventually run out of air .

They were under a broody

Hey y’all,

I had 6 out of 7 eggs hatch under a broody and it is day 24 and the one still hasn’t hatched.
I decided to create a piphole since I didn’t hear or see movement while candling and the chick is still alive but has not internally peeped.

What should I do?! I moistened the inner membrane and put it in the incubator with 75% humidity. Should I pip the inner membrane? It’s still wiggles around every so often but no peeping.

Please any advice is appreciated.
I wet the membrane with a clean finger and that makes it clear, if there is no red/blood vessels visible then yes I peel it back VERY carefully. If there is red, leave it.

If you take off the top of the egg over where the air cell was, and take off the membrane, DO NOT tip the chick out, they can get out themselves. It's worked for me many times. What you can do though is to prepare sugar water and put a tiny drip of it on the tip of their beak, they'll swallow and it gives them a burst of energy.

Hi there, did the chick survive? Just read the thread and you did such a caring job nursing it. We have had underdeveloped hatchlings before and I know its so sad when they don't all make it. Hoping for a happy ending for you!

Back
Top Bottom