Urgent!! Assisted hatching! Chick is out!

Mpirgou

Chirping
Jul 12, 2020
Long Island, NY
Hey y’all,

I had 6 out of 7 eggs hatch under a broody and it is day 24 and the one still hasn’t hatched.
I decided to create a piphole since I didn’t hear or see movement while candling and the chick is still alive but has not internally peeped.

What should I do?! I moistened the inner membrane and put it in the incubator with 75% humidity. Should I pip the inner membrane? It’s still wiggles around every so often but no peeping.

Please any advice is appreciated.

Hey y’all,

I had 6 out of 7 eggs hatch under a broody and it is day 24 and the one still hasn’t hatched.
I decided to create a piphole since I didn’t hear or see movement while candling and the chick is still alive but has not internally peeped.

What should I do?! I moistened the inner membrane and put it in the incubator with 75% humidity. Should I pip the inner membrane? It’s still wiggles around every so often but no peeping.

Please any advice is appreciated.
No.
Do not break the membrane.

Wow, well when I moistened the membrane I noticed a few large veins, so maybe it is not ready to hatch? If I made and small air hole away from the veins will it begin to draw in its veins?

Sorry for all the questions I’m a newbie at this :/
If there are large veins it is not ready.

It still has veins attached to the shell, but it’s feet r out
Aw. That's pretty bad looking. Don't expect it to make it. That's a lot of unabsorbed yolk and blood. You can try at least. Get a cup of bowl, line it with paper towels, and lay the chick and shell in it. Don't pull the chick apart from the yolk. If you do it will die for sure. The bowl is to keep it from puncturing or breaking the sac, and to keep him from breaking free.

Wow, well when I moistened the membrane I noticed a few large veins, so maybe it is not ready to hatch? If I made and small air hole away from the veins will it begin to draw in its veins?

Sorry for all the questions I’m a newbie at this :/
Once you open the membrane it should give you a clear visual of all the veins. After awhile you should start seeing the veins clear up. If the chick gains enough strength to finish up hatching on its own then great. However, if it makes no progress I recommend chipping away a large enough hole for it to slide out (remember to watch out for veins). This is risky, but worth it if you’re able to save the chick!

Keep the questions coming! 😂 I’m glad I’m able to pass on the knowledge I gained!

Aw. That's pretty bad looking. Don't expect it to make it. That's a lot of unabsorbed yolk and blood. You can try at least. Get a cup of bowl, line it with paper towels, and lay the chick and shell in it. Don't pull the chick apart from the yolk. If you do it will die for sure. The bowl is to keep it from puncturing or breaking the sac, and to keep him from breaking free.

Will try it out and keep you guys updated its still alive so far

Just placed it in a cup, gently held her upright and she scooted back into the shell. Just hoping for a miracle at this point🙏. How many days old do u think she is? Maybe I can narrow down how this egg got into the clutch..

Attachments

• 012EB05F-84B9-4B54-8098-6D49F51800B6.jpeg
    012EB05F-84B9-4B54-8098-6D49F51800B6.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 28

Back
Top Bottom