Urgent!! Assisted hatching! Chick is out!

Wow, well when I moistened the membrane I noticed a few large veins, so maybe it is not ready to hatch? If I made and small air hole away from the veins will it begin to draw in its veins?

Sorry for all the questions I’m a newbie at this :/
If there are large veins it is not ready.

Wow, well when I moistened the membrane I noticed a few large veins, so maybe it is not ready to hatch? If I made and small air hole away from the veins will it begin to draw in its veins?

Sorry for all the questions I’m a newbie at this :/
Once you open the membrane it should give you a clear visual of all the veins. After awhile you should start seeing the veins clear up. If the chick gains enough strength to finish up hatching on its own then great. However, if it makes no progress I recommend chipping away a large enough hole for it to slide out (remember to watch out for veins). This is risky, but worth it if you’re able to save the chick!

Keep the questions coming! 😂 I’m glad I’m able to pass on the knowledge I gained!

Once you open the membrane it should give you a clear visual of all the veins. After awhile you should start seeing the veins clear up. If the chick gains enough strength to finish up hatching on its own then great. However, if it makes no progress I recommend chipping away a large enough hole for it to slide out (remember to watch out for veins). This is risky, but worth it if you’re able to save the chick!

Keep the questions coming! 😂 I’m glad I’m able to pass on the knowledge I gained!

Haha well I think I’m gonna give it a little more time maybe until tomorrow morning. Guess I’m gonna have a long night moistening the membrane... any other things I should do before attempting to extract the chick? Should I even risk opening the bator and moistening it?

Haha well I think I’m gonna give it a little more time maybe until tomorrow morning. Guess I’m gonna have a long night moistening the membrane... any other things I should do before attempting to extract the chick? Should I even risk opening the bator and moistening it?
Does the membrane seem to be drying out? Does it look like it’s peeling away from the inside of the shell?

No peeling but it did turn from translucent to white about an hour after moistening it. Is that normal?
That’s normal, it’s just drying out a bit. You just don’t want it to dry to the point of shrink wrapping the chick. 😬

how is it doing? Still moving around some?

Yea it’s still wiggling around a bit. This is so nerve racking 😔 so I shouldn’t moisten unless it looks very dry?
Oh I know it is soo nerve racking and exciting!! But you got this!! There’s nothing harmful about moistening the membrane. Do it if it’ll make you feel better

Back
Top Bottom