When to assist with duckling hatch?

Ahygre21

Chirping
Mar 30, 2022
I have some eggs that pipped over 24 hours ago, but the spot they pipped seems to be drying up. Do I need to assist these hatches? I’m worried about the membrane drying up and them getting stuck inside. I can see them moving around inside the egg but it appears to be drying up. I only have 1 duckling that has hatched out of 14 eggs, the others have all pipped and are currently zipping.

Attachments

• IMG_5249.jpeg
    IMG_5249.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 10
I have five duckling eggs. The first one put a little circular crack just over 24 hours ago. This morning, one egg that did not have the crack had completely hatched the duckling. I went to work came home and three had hatched. I now have four lively ducklings that are all normal. The original egg that had the first crack has not hatched. We read that you can chip at the crack a little bit. Which we did but did not harm The membrane. I can feel the duckling is moving and visually see it, but it has not broken through. I am worried if we need to assist further. The membrane is white also concerned if it is going to dry out what should we do?

I have five duckling eggs. The first one put a little circular crack just over 24 hours ago. This morning, one egg that did not have the crack had completely hatched the duckling. I went to work came home and three had hatched. I now have four lively ducklings that are all normal. The original egg that had the first crack has not hatched. We read that you can chip at the crack a little bit. Which we did but did not harm The membrane. I can feel the duckling is moving and visually see it, but it has not broken through. I am worried if we need to assist further. The membrane is white also concerned if it is going to dry out what should we do?
Can you post a picture of the pip? Has the baby been chirping?

Also, :welcome

Back
Top Bottom