Urgent Automatic door recommendations!

The one thing I worry about now, after going to amazon reviews, is the door crushing my ducks :/ saw some photos for even the Ador1 that put me off my dinner lol, so the omelet is intriguing because it is sideways opening but its small and plastic. The run chicken runs seem awesome but I have to buy two so that puts me at 400 :hit anyone know of any side sliding and locking doors?

The one thing I worry about now, after going to amazon reviews, is the door crushing my ducks :/ saw some photos for even the Ador1 that put me off my dinner lol, so the omelet is intriguing because it is sideways opening but its small and plastic. The run chicken runs seem awesome but I have to buy two so that puts me at 400 :hit anyone know of any side sliding and locking doors?
The run chicken run T-50 has a sensor that detects when something is in the doorway and stops the door and returns it to the open position. I think you better just get up in the morning’s and open the coop doors.
Mark

The run chicken run T-50 has a sensor that detects when something is in the doorway and stops the door and returns it to the open position. I think you better just get up in the morning’s and open the coop doors.
Mark
yeah the thing is i am rehoming them with my aunt while I go away for school :’( but she does more of an open coop situation with her chickens, which has caused a lot of fatalities from predators. I figured to ease the burden of taking my ducks in, I’d at least buy them some doors.

In the end, I caved and spent damn near my last dollar on TWO 😫😫😫😫 pulley shut doors bringing me to $500 big ones. Hopefully they wont get smushed this way!

If you are worried about your pets, the best solution is to find doors with a fuse. Generally, homes with always pets have lighter weight and sturdier fasteners to avoid accidents. You can also order special floor mounts that block the door from closing completely. I have always had cats in my house for years, so when I ordered my white doors, I asked for these fuses. The fuses also work in the opposite direction, preventing easy opening. These designs have also proven themselves for families with young children. There are also such windows systems so the owner can be sure that his pet is safe.

Last edited:
work in a middle of Missouri cold winter (max -18F and that would be an anomaly)
My Omlet door worked very well for me in double digit minus temps. Through a few ice storms too where it got a light coating, although my door is sheltered under a roof to a degree, so it never get the full 1/4in+ coating of ice on it that everything else did (that would probably stick it shut if it got that). I installed batteries in my door October last year if I recall and the are still at 50%.

The Omlet doors are kind of small though compared to standard manual pop doors. I don't know how big Jersey giants are unfortunately so can't offer a comparison there. My buff orp hens and a barred rock roo fit just fine though.

Back
Top Bottom