urgent baby quail questions!!!

bobwhitequails

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 5, 2014
So a few days ago I found two baby bobwhite quails. They look like they just hatched. I put them in desperate boxes because they are pecking each other. They both really don't like me and peep and run around when I put my hand in their box. How do you change that? Also we are going on a three hour Car ride and I have to take them with me. How do I keep them warm in the car? :idunno also its my first time on backyard chickens. The quails were also first grabbed by little neighbor children and had a pretty traumatizing first day too. Tips on raising quail chicks would be great. Reply as fast as possible! Thanks

Last edited:
I hatch and raise coturnix quail which are a little smaller than bob white quail but i normally give them non medicated chick crumble but a lot of the time it's too big and they choke on it so i put it in the blender and grind it up, I'd recommend that. I also put marbles in their water so they don't drown because quail chicks have a tendency to do that because they're so little. They should be ok in the car ride I'd just put some straw or hay in with them to keep them warm. Good luck hope this helped!

They're not as friendly as chicks but mine warmed up a little bit now that they're older. Since yours are wild it might be a little bit harder to tame them but I'm sure you can do it!

Thank you very much for your help! I was worried I couldn't take care of them properly but your advice really helped

Back
Top Bottom