URGENT! Chickens for Backyards Hatchery Customers, Please Read!

Get online and view the results of the Marans egg shows.look for someone who is repeatedly winning. Call them up and buy some started birds. A trio 2F, 1M or a quad. 2M, 2F.
Best,
Karen

If you have a BCM rooster and an Ameraucana/Araucana blue egg layer (like the one in my profile pic) (or any hen that lays blue eggs) you can hatch her blue eggs and will have black hens that lay olive eggs. I read that combination on here, but specifically said Ameraucana hen w/BCM roo. Since I have both, I tried it. I hatched 5 eggs. Yep, all black hens/olive eggs.

I've read that regardless of what a BCM is mated with, you'll always get a black hen because the gene of the BCM is dominant.

I also ended up with two roosters. They are so beautiful. One is black w/tan feathers and the other is like a BCM. His coloring is so vibrant and he is very mean! Typical of some! The black/tan one is much nicer and his crow has a pretty sounding roll at the end.

Do you have any small, local chicken/homestead stores around you? I paid $30 for a 2 day old chick that is supposed to lay at least a 5 or 6 (which are the kind of eggs they have shown there, it's supposed to be a reputable little place... I'll see in a month or so). Had to drive over an hour though for a single chick.

I'd recommend something like that. I bought some from online hatcheries but I found the same thing you did right afterwards so I just sold them. Also I know people on Ebay sell hatching eggs? Some sellers are rated pretty well and show the eggs if you have any incubators.

Do you have any small, local chicken/homestead stores around you? I paid $30 for a 2 day old chick that is supposed to lay at least a 5 or 6 (which are the kind of eggs they have shown there, it's supposed to be a reputable little place... I'll see in a month or so). Had to drive over an hour though for a single chick.

I'd recommend something like that. I bought some from online hatcheries but I found the same thing you did right afterwards so I just sold them. Also I know people on Ebay sell hatching eggs? Some sellers are rated pretty well and show the eggs if you have any incubators.
I Haven't found anything so far. Considering getting Blue Copper Marans because the roosters are to die for. I found a few breeders within 2 hours of my place. Contacted them all, never heard back. I've looked on Ebay, but my incubator is a piece of garbage and I don't want to spend 100 bucks then not hatch a thing. I think I'll save up for that (and a new incubator) though because it seems like the easiest option.

Give me an update on the chick you got when she starts laying! I'd love to see her pretty little eggies :love

Give me an update on the chick you got when she starts laying! I'd love to see her pretty little eggies :love

Her first egg! She just started laying today. My phone camera is a little bad but you can see where the light hits it, it's not as dark as the shadow side, but it's still pretty dark. Overall I'm very satisfied with her. She's such a sweet bird and she's laying a pretty egg. Even if her egg was white though, I'd still adore her honestly. Lol.

Attachments

• 20180722_153642.jpg
    20180722_153642.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 21

Back
Top Bottom