1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"Urgent Chrome Update" phony download notice...

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Intheswamp, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Just a few mintues ago...

I had been on the forum for about an hour and suddenly the forum screen and tab was replaced with an "Urgent Google Update" screen depicting the google icon and a download button. The hijack(?) attempt already had a "patch" file in the download que ready to send to me.

I don't know if this came from BYC or somewhere else, though I've had no issues elsewhere. The address of the bogus screen/website is REMOVETHISphoohjamesnorquay.org/3641673770636/0e8d16176f74466f35155f5780341c9d.html . The actual url does not have the "REMOVETHIS" string in it.

Just thought I'd let somebody know with administration know about it.

Ed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2016
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for letting us know. We haven't seen or heard any other reports or problems, but if it shows up again, or if anybody else sees it, please take a screenshot and post it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by