URGENT - Dosage for Lincomycin OR LS-50 - any information appreciated

gone fishin'

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
Anyone know the dosage for Lincomycin injectible for a hen. If you have mg/kg for Lincomycin, that would be great, or any other advice to help me figure out the dose is appreciated.

My solution is 100 mg/mL pure Lincomycin. I know a lot of chicken folks also use LS - 50. So I would appreciate any information.

Please be clear if it was oral or injectible you used, as I understand the oral is poorly absorbed, so the doses are way different for oral and injectible

Thanks!

Last edited:
LS 50 is dosed at 1/2 - 1 tsp per gallon of water for 5-7 days.

Thanks both of you!
smile.png

Jody, do you know how much drug in mg is in that? Sometimes those packages say that 1 tsp contains 232 mg of drug or whatever.

Speckledhen, was that twice a day with the 1/10th of a CC?
Did it work for your bumblefoot? How big was your chook?

Thanks again, any info is helpful and gives me at least some frame of reference.

If anyone has or can find mg/kg for injectible that would be really useful as it's an exceptionally large hen I'm treating.

I have no idea what the mg would be. I got the dosage from First State listing of drug doses.

For bumblefoot, I would recommend PenG injectable into the breast meat. .75 - 1 cc injection per day for 7 days (1cc for large fowl). This is used to prevent infection entering the site while removing the staph plug, not to stop bumblefoot.

Thanks Jody.

Staph plug was removed very well and Lincomycin started based on what info I had.

But I'm still not sure of the dose so if anyone has any more info, I would surely appreciate it.
smile.png

I have the SpecLinx 50. Same as LS-50 Finally called the company to get correct dosage because finding it or measuring powder is not my strong suit. Dosage is 3/4 teaspoon per gallon. Hope this helps someone:)

Back
Top Bottom