*URGENT* Duckling in Poor Condition

Either one will work but you have to find the right size for the size of your ducklings. For the one with the red top I have a smaller container that this lid fits on so I start with that one then work up to these that are deeper. This picture is for new ducklings after 2-3 weeks I go to the deeper bowl with the red top.
IMG_2627.jpeg

I have been hatching a breed known for its hatch issues so much so that hatcheries tried and stopped attempting to incubate them so I have dealt with many assisted hatches. Every single one either immediately or within days of hatching displayed a vitamin deficiency. Every single one also grew at a slower pace and feathered in slower compared to the others. Once they reached maturity you would never know. I dose them daily for 1 week with Poultry Cell and then once a week for the next 2-3 months after that to assist with growing. You may have to dose with more vitamin E for the wry neck. Poultry Cell has both vitamin e and selenium so I have also used it to treat wry neck, but if the deficiency is severe enough sometimes they need more vitamin E. As for the eye do they have water deep enough to fully dunk their head in?
Here is an update , it’s been one week of treatment and he has shot up in size and feathered out, but his neck unfortunately hasn’t shown much progress. Is this cause for concern or will he still have this condition for a little while longer?

Attachments

• 89C1BDC0-F2F6-4E64-AC1D-C1F5D0D84161.jpeg
    89C1BDC0-F2F6-4E64-AC1D-C1F5D0D84161.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 4
  • CCBEF9C9-120C-44E8-8FD8-734A571E9BBA.jpeg
    CCBEF9C9-120C-44E8-8FD8-734A571E9BBA.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 4
  • A7E0062D-DB14-484A-9324-8C0268836BE9.jpeg
    A7E0062D-DB14-484A-9324-8C0268836BE9.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 3
Here is an update , it’s been one week of treatment and he has shot up in size and feathered out, but his neck unfortunately hasn’t shown much progress. Is this cause for concern or will he still have this condition for a little while longer?
His neck should have made some progress by now. What supplements did you end up deciding to put him on?

Selenium is another vitamin that is important in treating wry neck. I'll have to look at my bottle of poultry cell but one way of making sure she is getting all she needs to get over this scramble her an egg daily and you can mix the vit. E into it.

Selenium is another vitamin that is important in treating wry neck. I'll have to look at my bottle of poultry cell but one way of making sure she is getting all she needs to get over this scramble her an egg daily and you can mix the vit. E into it.
Should I continue daily treatment or restrict it to once a week with the addition of scrambled egg? Also, I believe the poultry cell contains selenium and vitamin E.

Back
Top Bottom