URGENT: Eggs at End of Hatch Not Making it... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?!

rachelpotter

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 5, 2013
I live in Mississippi (around 40% humidity indoors) and dry hatch. This is my 6th or 7th hatch. I recently got a Genesis 1588 to use as a hatcher. This is my third hatch in it. I also have a Brinsea Eco20.

I am currently mid-late hatch. I had 12 Wheaten/Blue Wheaton Ameracuana eggs and 6 BBS Ameracauna eggs in this hatch. So far the all of the BBS ( which I set earlier in the day) have hatched, but I have had to help 2 of them out after becoming sticky in the shell ( pips... then nothing for 24 hours and membrane turns brown and tacky) I have got them out,... used warm wash rag and helped them finish zipping... and put them back in bator to finish on their own. Humidity has been around 65-75% sometimes higher in the 80's . I spray with a warm mist every time I have to open the incubator. I made sure NOT to open the incubator AT ALL this time and still had to rescue two chicks. I have 7 more in the incubator waiting to hatch.. only one pip right now. Today is just late day 21 so we still have time.. I'm just nervous as all get out.

I never used to be nervous about leaving them alone... but last hatch this same thing happened and I left them alone and I had 7 that died in their shells fully developed and when I checked them at end they were all tacky. I don't know what I'm doing wrong... making me want to go back to the Brinsea to hatch but I like the space of the Genesis.

Any ideas??

Back
Top Bottom