Urgent!!! FOX TOOK A CHICKEN!

I don't know how effective it is, but once I spot a potential predator or hearing coyotes singing in the fields around me, I take my Great Pyrenees out and let her walk the perimeter, ideally leaving big dog scent -- and sometimes pee -- everywhere. The more ways to maybe deter critters, the better.

I got several pictures of the fox last night. Here is one of them
IMAG0001126 01.jpg

Last edited:
If it's a fox, take the advice from the people above. Foxes have been known to go into a frenzy and kill everything in there and leave it. Me and my mom tried our dogs pee around the pen to keep away minks and other animals alike, it seems to work well, too.
I know it was a fox. I have the fox on video that night. I have dealt with a fox years ago that dug under a gate and killed several birds so that time I put concrete under all of the gates.

I don't know how effective it is, but once I spot a potential predator or hearing coyotes singing in the fields around me, I take my Great Pyrenees out and let her walk the perimeter, ideally leaving big dog scent -- and sometimes pee -- everywhere. The more ways to maybe deter critters, the better.
There are a couple of Great Pyrenees that roam our property. I don't know who they belong to and have asked some neighbors if they know who the owner is but they don't.
11230001 03.jpg

I love my game cameras, no surprises. I always know what predators are prowling about. Here most of the predators roam during the night. The summers here are hot, they rest in their dens or wherever during the day and hunt at night. I rarely see a predator during the day except for hawks.

Ask around where the den is and destroy it..Took me 3 years to find out the den was next door to me...:barnie
Keep Birds in because Fox are bold and will take a Chicken while your standing there watching.
I live in a very rural area on a dead end road. There are acres and acres. My closest neighbor isn't close and there are several acres between us. To find a den would be difficult. A neighbor who lives some roads away has some dens by his house but you need a 4-wheel drive to get back there. It's not close. I don't get around like I used to I'm in my 70's.

I would shoot it, now that it knows the location of your chickens he will be back and murder your girls.

It was a very good feeling to shoot the coyote that was destroying my flock. That bastard was coming in broad daylight all hours of the day.

Attachments

• IMG_20180911_083428.jpg
    IMG_20180911_083428.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom