urgent help needed- dog attack-warning! graphic pic

I am all for you trying to save her! It may not be easy or fun but I think your kids will feel better if she makes it. I would keep her inside and follow the directions others have given. I just wanted to cheer you on!
smile.png

ya.gif
You can do it!!

I agree with missprissy. I had a similar situation with a SLW a few years back, her neck was skinned and muscle tissue was exposed. Altho i cleaned the wound and kept things moist as well as keeping her in a sterile environment she ended up loosing the battle 3 weeks into it. Her wound was healing well (i used neosporin without pain reliever) and just about completely closed when she passed. I wish you the best of luck with what ever decision you make
hugs.gif

MissP was right
bow.gif
, she didn't even last long enough for me to get to the store and back. My daughter was going out of state today to visit with relatives for a few days so I won't tell her until she comes back, had to hide the fact until she left
hmm.png
. The dog pen is to remain closed even when the dogs aren't out so this doesn't happen again. Also, they are only going to be allowed to free range on the weekends, dh is building a large pen for the rest of the time. When we first got chickens I was really concerned about the eagles, osprey, fisher, and hawks and have only lost 3 birds in the year.....2 to the dogs and one to a screen door (curious roo).

Back
Top Bottom