URGENT HELP NEEDED - temperature won't go down - Update

SarahIrl

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
West Cork, Ireland
Bought a second hand corti 54 egg incubator, plugged it in this afternnon. Temp is going between 105F and 110F and I can't turn it down. What on earth do I do now, I have 40 barnevelder eggs sat on my kitchen counter waiting to go in.....

Last edited:
I dont' know anything about the incu you have bought, but would suggest you contact the manufacturer for advice or do a google search and see if you can find instructions on line.

No instructions online at all, just adverts for it. I'm blazing mad as I bought it from a user on another website, one for Irish chicken breeders. It's a fairly close and small community on the site, so don't want to post anything about it there. I am tearing my hair out and do NOT want to have to buy a brand new one on Monday afterspending more than enough on this one. My eggs will be sitting there until Tuesday otherwise, and I really want to get them in as fresh as I can. They are all less than three days laid now.

Mine went crazy high when the house got hot! Is it in sun? Maybe open it to cool it and try again with settings starting off lower. Mine (different smaller bator) was really hard to cool once it got hot! But once it was cooled it ran fine. Good Luck!!

Might try turning it off and leaving the lid open a few inches for an hour. Am getting very worried though. I have even moved it into the coolest spot in the house, with an open window nearby and it's still fit to poach my eggs.

I have every vent open, and popped off the last plug on the lid (don't think it was actually meant to come off). I'm up the creek without a paddle, I think the thermostat must be gone
sad.png

That really sucks, seems like you are doing everything right... I would contact the seller and ask them what they think about it.

I did call the seller, the call got cut off, and I have heard nothing back since. Sent a message, but nothing. It's money gone, plus a fortune I paid on getting someone to chase all over the county today for hatching eggs.

Quote:
Sorry you're having problems. If nothing else works, I would consider getting a lower water heater thermostat and bypassing the thermostat in the bator. It's simple to wire in. You may need a few inches of wire. You probably have an old lamp or toaster laying around to rob some wire from if needed. Not being familiar with your bator, I'm not sure exactly where the placement will be best for the WH thermostat.

Just a thought, good luck!

Tom
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom