Urgent help needed

willeyd

In the Brooder
May 23, 2015
Hi everyone. Had my first success with hatching chickens Using the dry incubation method. Put in two eggs at the same time...one of them has hatched and is running inside the incubator.

The other egg the chick has piped its shell (see attached pic) and I can see it clearly breathing. It has not made any progress the past couple of days now since the first chick hatched completely. What do I do?! I noticed this morning the egg has started to roll around a bit. Is the baby chick struggling to get out? Should I crack the egg open as assist it? It's been two days. Approaching 3 now...when should I take the hatched chick out also? Don't want to spoil the humidity. It has been raised to 65% on day 18. Throughout kept the humidity at 20-25%. Any help much appreciated!

Hi everyone. Had my first success with hatching chickens Using the dry incubation method. Put in two eggs at the same time...one of them has hatched and is running inside the incubator.

The other egg the chick has piped its shell (see attached pic) and I can see it clearly breathing. It has not made any progress the past couple of days now since the first chick hatched completely. What do I do?! I noticed this morning the egg has started to roll around a bit. Is the baby chick struggling to get out? Should I crack the egg open as assist it? It's been two days. Approaching 3 now...when should I take the hatched chick out also? Don't want to spoil the humidity. It has been raised to 65% on day 18. Throughout kept the humidity at 20-25%. Any help much appreciated!
If it's been pipped for 2 days, I would definitely do an assist. As for the other chick yes, I would put it in the brooder where it has food and water.

Back
Top Bottom