Urgent help required for Muscovy gender identity

MuscovymamaG

Chirping
Feb 24, 2021
Need to know if all three of them are male or any of them is female I am so confused I have seen one of them under a boy but it was dark in cameras do i am not sure which one was that if anyone has any marks to know the thing please.

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_082156.jpg
    IMG_20211121_082156.jpg
    869.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211121_082159.jpg
    IMG_20211121_082159.jpg
    906.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211121_080045.jpg
    IMG_20211121_080045.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 4
At this age, you should be able to tell by their vocalization and size. The first 2 look female. They have a lot of caruncles, but mine do as well. They should barely be making sounds, maybe peeps here and there and a little bit of excited "singing". The last one, you can't see much of anything. But, if its bigger than the first two and huffing, then its male.
Are these your muscovy?

Can you get pictures of the birds all standing in a group together? Size is the easiest way to determine gender. I had a horrible time with my first set of ducklings. Figured out it was because they were all male. lol

These all look male to me, but you will need better angles and comparisons to confirm. First two photos have the right "hairdo" as well (females don't have this in my experience) and the last one has the body proportions of a male. My male muscovy breed other males, so you can't determined from that only. Horny little fellas 😐

These appear to be old enough for sexing by voice. Females can make a variety of sounds, but only hiss when extremely agitated. Males will stop making trills and only huff. Females are much smaller than males.

I was trying to upload video for more clarity but failed. Anyways I believe all of them are males. I am confused about only 1 of them but its size is same as the other 2 so i believe its a male too

You can upload to video hosting sites like you tube or vimeo. If they are huffing, then definitely male. One of my males is a little smaller than the other two. When he was a duckling, most said female, but I could see he wasn't that far behind his brother.

Back
Top Bottom