URGENT HELP

SalChickenOwner

Chirping
Sep 25, 2020
Hey, so my little chicken her name is ninis... she woke up with ALOT of sneezing and shaking her head and a weird reeee coming from her nose....I gave her vet RX it helped a little but shes gasping for air and i dont like it at all I'm going to cry...I just need help because she eats alot and she walks but I checked for gape worm and there's nothing HELP!!! I dont want to lose my baby ❤

Hey, so my little chicken her name is ninis... she woke up with ALOT of sneezing and shaking her head and a weird reeee coming from her nose....I gave her vet RX it helped a little but shes gasping for air and i dont like it at all I'm going to cry...I just need help because she eats alot and she walks but I checked for gape worm and there's nothing HELP!!! I dont want to lose my baby ❤
How old?
Is she in the house?
Under heat?
How is your water set up - if she's a chick
could she have a piece of the bedding stuck in her throat?
Pictures of your set up might help, also of her - specifically her comb and wattles to check to see if they're blue tinted. If they're not in at all it might not show.

She's 2
Shes in the house
Not under heat
A little bowl that she drinks perfectly from
I dont use bedding
She doesn't wattle
Her comb is reddish

Her setup for now is a big cage with some blankets

Attachments

• 16010913793332674324243122005919.jpg
    16010913793332674324243122005919.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 12
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/polytetrafluoroethylene-toxicity-in-chickens.73482/

I know this article is aimed at heat lamps, but Teflon is used as a coating on non-stick pans.

If they're scratched at all it lowers the temperature that the gasses are given off.

It's possible that could be the problem. Not sure though. Could be something else entirely.

Her comb looks fine, not blue at all, so she's likely getting enough oxygen.

If you shine a light into her nose holes is there anything in there? It's not likely, but also possible.

She's 2
Shes in the house
Not under heat
A little bowl that she drinks perfectly from
I dont use bedding
She doesn't wattle
Her comb is reddish
Can you get some more photo of her in better lighting?

What does she eat?
Where are you located in the world?

Do you notice any mucous coming from her nostrils, swelling of the eyes?
Is she the only bird you have?

What does her crop feel like?
Have you looked inside her beak for any lesions or canker?

Have you changed her environment, sprayed the room/house with cleaner/air freshener, etc. that may have irritated her respiratory system?

Can you get some more photo of her in better lighting?

What does she eat?
Where are you located in the world?

Do you notice any mucous coming from her nostrils, swelling of the eyes?
Is she the only bird you have?

What does her crop feel like?
Have you looked inside her beak for any lesions or canker?

Have you changed her environment, sprayed the room/house with cleaner/air freshener, etc. that may have irritated her respiratory system?
We try to maintain the house as clean as possible so we spray air freshener but barely,

North America, she eats corn and all sorts of chicken feed, shes the only bird I have and she has some mucus coming from her nose but its not a lot at all she just sneezes and gasps for air, her crop feels kinda stiff but it moves

Back
Top Bottom