Urgent: medication dosage corid..denagard...

emmyn74

Songster
7 Years
Apr 2, 2017
Spencer Indiana
I posted earlier about coccidiosis that has taken over a batch of my bantam langshans about 7 weeks old...i have lost 14 now total in the last 2.5 days..i was giving corid and medicated feed but wasn't aware that I needed to give an antibiotic..i was able to get some denagard but am finding conflicting info about giving denagard with medicated feed...can someone please help me???

I have corid 20 percent: 1.5 tsp per gallon... - they have been on this since Saturday

Medicated chick starter - giving since saturday

Denagard (was told 3 tablespoons per gallon)..??????

Can anyone confirm whether these can all be mixed and if that is correct dosage for denagard ??

Thank you

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry for your losses!

I don't know anything about genagard. I'll see if I can find anything. But I do know that Corid and medicated feed both contain amprolium, so you don't need to do both. I'd just do Corid because it kills more strains. Medicated feed is a preventative more than a treatment.

Could it be something else? Is the only symptom foamy/bright colored/bloody poop?

I'm sorry no one responded sooner. How are they today?

It is time to get a necropsy by your state vet on a body to find out what has killed your chickens. Keep it cold on ice in a cooler. Here is a list of state poultry vets to contact, and they will recieve on M-F:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm
Do not mix medications in the water. Corid treats coccidiosis while Denagard only treats MG, a respiratory disease. What symptoms were you seeing? Look at your feed and smell it for any off odor or blue green mold. Losing so many sounds like some type of poisoning or toxin.

It is time to get a necropsy by your state vet on a body to find out what has killed your chickens. Keep it cold on ice in a cooler. Here is a list of state poultry vets to contact, and they will recieve on M-F:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm
Do not mix medications in the water. Corid treats coccidiosis while Denagard only treats MG, a respiratory disease. What symptoms were you seeing? Look at your feed and smell it for any off odor or blue green mold. Losing so many sounds like some type of poisoning or toxin.
Thanks for the clarification on Denagard. I was trying to research it. I'm so slow....

Ok...so we made it through...lost 21 total....i ended up giving them the corid (still am) and the denagard...the symptoms were droopy wings...bloody diarrhea...bad smell...weight loss...and then eventual death....the 6 that survived are doing well now...and are gaining weight again...i bleached my whole building out and disinfected it...as well as all cages that were in there...im just glad it happened in this building and not my main one with all my adults...hoping to never go through that again...i switched back over to the feed I usually use for my chicks and think I will be staying with it...i don't think the feed was bad...it just wasn't medicated which is what I usually feed...all my other chickens got treated w preventative corid as well.

I read that ammonia is recommended for cleaning for removing coccidiosis. It's more
effective than the bleach. I add a little Blue Dawn dish soap.

Ok...so we made it through...lost 21 total....i ended up giving them the corid (still am) and the denagard...the symptoms were droopy wings...bloody diarrhea...bad smell...weight loss...and then eventual death....the 6 that survived are doing well now...and are gaining weight again...i bleached my whole building out and disinfected it...as well as all cages that were in there...im just glad it happened in this building and not my main one with all my adults...hoping to never go through that again...i switched back over to the feed I usually use for my chicks and think I will be staying with it...i don't think the feed was bad...it just wasn't medicated which is what I usually feed...all my other chickens got treated w preventative corid as well.
Hello I believe im dealing with necrotic enteritis (NE) aka tte greens. And I need to do Denard and corid at same time. Did you mix both together in same water? For 5 days? I’m sorry for your loss I’ve lost 5 in 4 weeks. Sending 1 in for necropsy today but my symptoms and fast deaths I’m pretty sure it’s NE. This. I’m scared for my 15 girls

Back
Top Bottom