URgent Muscovy with swollen face!

I’d put her in and you begin moving her feet in natural motion and legs too. You can’t feel any swelling or extra amount of heat in her feet and legs like she has inflammation going on? Just saying she may need physical therapy. Are you giving B complex for muscle health? Try putting enough water in the tub that supports her body but where she can stand if she wants to having her body supported by the warm water. If you can get her moving slowly she might regain use of her legs and feet.

I’d put her in and you begin moving her feet in natural motion and legs too. You can’t feel any swelling or extra amount of heat in her feet and legs like she has inflammation going on? Just saying she may need physical therapy. Are you giving B complex for muscle health? Try putting enough water in the tub that supports her body but where she can stand if she wants to having her body supported by the warm water. If you can get her moving slowly she might regain use of her legs and feet.

No swelling anymore, no heat. I will try moving her legs in the tub. I wasn’t able to find the liquid b complex, not even the stuff for people

She had a course of antibiotics. How do I add selenium to her diet? I’m willing to try anything
What antibiotics did she have? Whatever you do, be very careful with selenuim because it's a mineral that can be toxic if too much is given. The link below has foods rich in selenium. It lists Brazil nut at the top, and it appears to have way too much for a chicken, so I would not feed that.
https://www.healthline.com/health/selenium-foods

Although Hope is still eating and drinking great. Her foot is looking really good. And she’s getting more colour in her carunkles. She still is not walking. I’ve beenvdoing warm baths but her good foot is so stiff must be from lying down for such a long time. Also she is losing feathers on her belly from laying in her poop. Today I got one of my dogs old elevated beds and rugged up a chick chair for her...I’m really hoping this will help. I’m running out of ideas for ways to help her. She’s a fighter, and has been sick for almost three months. She came into this world fighting and as long as she’s still got fight in her I will do my best to keep her alive.

2A528DA6-6D40-47A4-BD31-53D067AE1BCD.jpeg
ADBDE224-A25F-4850-8E14-84DD1C2993BF.jpeg
B8651F2B-7693-422B-92B9-E90CA2ED5108.jpeg

Great idea with the bed. Will she try and use her feet to lift herself up. While in her sling? Maybe good exercise for her. All you can do is give her support an hope she’ll eventually try again. Can you massage her stiff foot? How is she doing in the bath does she move around at all? Having a good appetite is a big plus! Thanks for the up date!

Back
Top Bottom