URGENT!!! My humidity isnt high enough! I need help!

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
My duck eggs humidity isnt high enough! What do I do?! Do I fill the whole water tray? Half? I dont have a hidrometer.... Whatever its called (lol) and the eggs have been in all day! What do I do?! BTW I have a still air hovabator.

First off, you need to chiiiiiillllllll
wink.png
If you just set the eggs it's not going to kill them.

Go to Walmart and get a hygrometer, I use the ones made by Springfield, you can get them for $6-$8. Once you get that, then you can set the humidity for around 40-50% and let them ride.

Another way to judge your humidity is by checking the size of the air cell. I know pete55 posted something on the goose forum showing how the air cells are supposed to 'grow' during incubation, I'll see if I can find the post.

how long have they been in there? idk know but i do know people are gonna want to know this...also how do you know its not high?

Quote:
How far are you on the incubation?

What king of incubator you have?
We need more information in order to help you
the more information the best

this is the most accurate hydrometer I found so far (cheap and accurate)
33418_800443050699c.jpg

I told a.lady on my other post about my last batch that didnt hatch, and she said shes pretty sure my humidity wasnt even close to high enough for duck eggs. They have been I ln there since this morning, and I said I have a still air hovabator. Sorry, im just worried! I have been so looking forward to having some ducklings hatch from my ducks eggs, and this is my last chance for this year.

Get a hygrometer and keep an eye on the size of your air cells. I've had duck eggs hatch with as little as 25% humidity, so I doubt your problem was low humidity.

Back
Top Bottom