URGENT! PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Quackers08, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Quackers08

Quackers08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2012
    Cornwall, England
    Yesaterday 2 pekin bantam chicks hatched on day 22. However, i checked the other 2 eggs in the bator and one has internally pipped but no external and the other one doesnt seem to be doing anything. Should i make an external pip to see if he needs help or is still ali9ve?

2. Quackers08

May 15, 2012
    Cornwall, England
    Oh and there is no noise from either egg and i wanna act really quickly. Please help. Im praying on their survival [​IMG]

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  4. Quackers08

May 15, 2012
    Cornwall, England
    I opened up the last 2 eggs and unfortunately they havent survived :( just a repeat of the last terrible hatch

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Sorry to hear that [​IMG]

6. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    [​IMG]
    I hate when that happens, I always try to look at the positive and be happy that I got any. I had tons of bad hatches, the worst being new and not knowing how to hatch. I am fortunate that if I only have one hatch, I can run down the road to the hatchery to get him friends. It will be okay. Don't get discouraged. Try, Try again. [​IMG] many of us were there at on time. I learned to let my broodies hatch my shipped eggs. They do so well. When all else fails hatch a boat load of your own eggs, expecting a few and then they all hatch [​IMG] Chin up, winter is upon us and bored, crazy chicken people, have a blast all winter long.
    [​IMG]
    Michele

7. Quackers08

May 15, 2012
    Cornwall, England
    Thankyou Michelle :) Sorry for the late reply. Haven't been on for a while :(

Luckily someone not far from me had some chicks for sale so i brought 9 of those (couldnt help myself). Unfortunately 5 have died and i have no idea how/why as they all have evactly the same things like food water and heat. Hopefully the remaining 5 survive. I'll be so gutted if they don't.

Thanks all for the comments :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by