Urgent please

Chickens124

Hatching
Jul 20, 2021
Hi there. I’m very new to this forum so I hope I’m doing this correctly! My hen has been quite over the last few days, and she isn’t pooing anymore, just reliving herself of a water like liquid with a few lumps of poo. This is obviously a bad sign, and her poos have been ‘off normal’ for about 2 weeks. Does anyone have an idea about what this could be? And if you have seen this consistency or colour in a chicken poo before?
(I know that it’s most likely not good news, but I’d like to know other’s opinions).
(Also sorry for how detailed this is!!)

Attachments

• 2F4D6EEB-59D5-4DB1-AEE7-DD935F773412.jpeg
    2F4D6EEB-59D5-4DB1-AEE7-DD935F773412.jpeg
    618.5 KB · Views: 33
Hi there. I’m very new to this forum so I hope I’m doing this correctly! My hen has been quite over the last few days, and she isn’t pooing anymore, just reliving herself of a water like liquid with a few lumps of poo. This is obviously a bad sign, and her poos have been ‘off normal’ for about 2 weeks. Does anyone have an idea about what this could be? And if you have seen this consistency or colour in a chicken poo before?
(I know that it’s most likely not good news, but I’d like to know other’s opinions).
(Also sorry for how detailed this is!!)
Has she been eating?

On and off, she isn’t taking much notice of her layers pellets but is eating some of the fruit and vegetables that I’ve given her. She hasn’t got as much of an appetite as she had previously had but she will eat a little bit.
Her not really eating is probably why her poop is off, unfortunately I’m not sure why she wouldn’t be eating much.
Does she have any other symptoms of sickness?

Her not really eating is probably why her poop is off, unfortunately I’m not sure why she wouldn’t be eating much.
Does she have any other symptoms of sickness?
She’s a little slumped and has her tail down, and then she perks up again. She’s quite and not her self but doesn’t look ‘I’ll’. Somethings wrong but I don’t know what it is, it’s very hot at the moment so that probably isn’t helping. Thank you for your help, I’ll try and get her to eat a bit more and soak her pellets to see if that helps!

She’s a little slumped and has her tail down, and then she perks up again. She’s quite and not her self but doesn’t look ‘I’ll’. Somethings wrong but I don’t know what it is, it’s very hot at the moment so that probably isn’t helping. Thank you for your help, I’ll try and get her to eat a bit more and soak her pellets to see if that helps!
How old is she?
sounds like some of mine that passed do to old age.

How old is she?
sounds like some of mine that passed do to old age.
She’s three and a half. She was sold to me as an Isa Brown but I think she’s a Ginger Nut Ranger. Either way she’s a commercial breed so is a fab age, in fact one of my other hens was pts last week and was the same age. I thought it was age related... :(

She’s three and a half. She was sold to me as an Isa Brown but I think she’s a Ginger Nut Ranger. Either way she’s a commercial breed so is a fab age, in fact one of my other hens was pts last week and was the same age. I thought it was age related... :(
I would just wait it out and see what happens, best of luck😊

Back
Top Bottom