Urgent! Pls help!

Shoptopodi

Songster
May 17, 2018
I have come home after 3 weeks being away and collected all the eggs i found in nesting boxes. 3 chickens were sitting on some eggs. One friend helped with collecting the eggs in these 3 wks. He must have missed some as i found some old one ( i checked with torch and it's dark inside, attached photos here), i think some is closer to be hatched. Tbey have that air gap like in the photos. It's been couple hours since I've removed the eggs. Did i damaged those already? If i put them back now, will they be ok?
Pls help! Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20210525_212725.jpg
    20210525_212725.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210525_212717.jpg
    20210525_212717.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 10
I can’t tell anything from those pictures, but if it’s only been a couple of hours they should be fine. I would just slip them back under the broody and let her go on with it.... hens regularly take breaks to
eat / drink / bathe and let the eggs cool down.

I can’t tell anything from those pictures, but if it’s only been a couple of hours they should be fine. I would just slip them back under the broody and let her go on with it.... hens regularly take breaks to
eat / drink / bathe and let the eggs cool down.
I put back the eggs. Thanks for the reply❤

Did the person feeding and watering not take any eggs the whole time?
He did. I just checked with him. So when i left, i put food and water enough for 1 wk. So he came after 4/5 days to check and one hen already went broody and was sitting on some eggs. So he didn't remove those eggs from her. It is just 5 eggs. Thanks.

I put back the eggs. Thanks for the reply❤
You’re welcome 😊 I have a broody currently sitting on 12 eggs... i was becoming very concerned bc I believed she hasn’t been off the nest for sustenance, turns out she’s just a quick one. Last broody I had would take almost 2 hour breaks and freak me out (her eggs hatched fine), but this one takes quick 20 minute breaks that I barely notice. Unless you’re watching her 24/7, she may just be a quick break taker. Look for huge, disgusting, stinky broody poops around her area and that will tell you - no mistaking a broody poop lol gross 🤮

Back
Top Bottom