URGENT, Revived duckling won’t hold up head

Fangeddeer

Songster
Apr 23, 2023
I just revived my ducking whom supposedly got suffocated under the nest, they’re moving everything along with their head but they keep lowering it. Do I continue cpr? Hold the head up? Pls help

My parent said I can’t bring them inside, but they’ll fix the heat lamp. I think I’ll try and make the kennel for them in the shed and keep checking on them?
Alright. If you can keep checking on them, that will be good. Make sure the heat lamp is secured well and not where the mother will hit up against it.

Alright. If you can keep checking on them, that will be good. Make sure the heat lamp is secured well and not where the mother will hit up against it.
The lamp is safe and tied so it can’t fall, I gave her an egg and made a nest and she immediately took to it, I gave her extra stuff incase she felt like fixing it. But for now it’s all okay, other than she seems really upset about me destroying her nest

Attachments

• IMG_0586.jpeg
    IMG_0586.jpeg
    872.3 KB · Views: 2
It sounds like it is doing better then. Did it have any hatch mates that you could put with it? Can you remove the nest to just a floor so it can't go under anything? How was the mother with it?
The other hatch mates died, one was buried under the nest like this one was and cpr didn’t bring it back. The dad mauled two and the last one downed in the yolk of the egg. I ruined the nest to find it but when I found it I immediately did cpr and now it’s okay :,)

I could give the mom bedding for a new nest since as soon as she saw her baby alive she started building one: and I have a safe kennel. But I don’t know if it’s safe even if I took it in

I wouldn't recommend your bedroom for sanitary reasons, but if that's the safest place in your house and isn't a huge temperature shock, then it might be fine. Do you have a basement that you could put the kennel in? Or are you able to check on them quite often if they were in an outdoor building. (If they're somewhere in your house where you'll be near them, you should be able to hear if something is amiss.)
Sadly we don’t have a basement. And where they are outside isn’t close enough to be heard. But, we have another room that’s already a bit messed up from the goats being in there that would possibly be okay? And I’m using wood shaving

Sadly we don’t have a basement. And where they are outside isn’t close enough to be heard. But, we have another room that’s already a bit messed up from the goats being in there that would possibly be okay? And I’m using wood shaving
That room sounds like it'd be good.

That room sounds like it'd be good.
I’ll set down a tarp just incase and it has a gated porch the mom can b in but the kennel isn’t big so I’ll have to figure something out as well. I think for a few hours she’ll be in with the baby and then I’ll let her out on the porch

Back
Top Bottom