URGENT sick duck

Djhanse

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2022
The other day i pisted the picture of the duck with the eyes with discharge. Now that duck has blood all over his back side and i watched it go number 2 and it looked like its insides were coming out????? It acts completely normal eats like a horse and drinks and runs around with the other ducks all day long.
20220627_073626.jpg
20220617_073952.jpg

The other day i pisted the picture of the duck with the eyes with discharge. Now that duck has blood all over his back side and i watched it go number 2 and it looked like its insides were coming out????? It acts completely normal eats like a horse and drinks and runs around with the other ducks all day long.View attachment 3165002View attachment 3165003
They were born april 19th of this year

Please know that I am not a Vet and my first and foremost recommendation is to get your baby to the nearest one ASAP.

Duck Viral Eneritis (Duck Plague)

When young ducklings are affected (typically between 2 to 7 weeks of age), clinical signs most often observed include:
Lacrimation (tearing eyes)
Dehydration
Weight loss
Bloody discharge from nares
Blood-stained vent.

See more at: http://www.duckdvm.com/condition/duck-viral-enteritis

Last edited:
Can you take a picture of the underside? It sounds like a prolapse. If you can take it to a vet that would be your best chance for the duck.

Yea i would love to take it to the vet but literally none of them anywhere near me see ducks. Heres a closeup pic

Attachments

• 20220627_081407.jpg
    20220627_081407.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 2
If you can clean it up and cut back some of the feathers to give a better look.

I will say, if it is bleeding internally, sadly, there is nothing you will be able to do. Surgery or the bleeding will need to stop on its own somehow. Hopefully it is not still bleeding.

The other day i pisted the picture of the duck with the eyes with discharge. Now that duck has blood all over his back side and i watched it go number 2 and it looked like its insides were coming out????? It acts completely normal eats like a horse and drinks and runs around with the other ducks all day long.View attachment 3165002View attachment 3165003
I'd separate from the other ducks asap. I'm no expert and haven't experienced this personally, but to me it sounds like a prolapse which has been pecked at and caused a severe bleed.
Can you confirm if this is a male or female? You said he, but then "it" so want to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom