Us chicken people are crazy, blizzard outside & Ive got chics hatchin

pamperedpoultry

CHICKENFIED
10 Years
Jan 28, 2009
(south West) Virginia
We've had a winter storm this weekend, its cold and snowy outside but inside I have 12+ peepin baby chics.....Everyone thinks I'm crazy for hatchin in the winter..
I'm Hatching sizzles, and lavender bantam cochins and frizzle cochins... I'll try to post pics in a few...

Congrats on the little peepers. It is fun to have something to do inside in the winter. I am always starting flower and veggie seeds in the winter..it makes you feel like you are doing doing something that you would normally do Outside and maked long winters less dull lol !

Lol I'm nuts too pamperedpoultry....I have 30 of your eggs incubating right now! 24 for 24 in the incubator show live embryos and I'm hoping for the same for the 6 under my broody. Thanks for making me crazy too
lol.png

Well I've gotta tell you pampered chick, the fact that your hatching during the winter puts a smile on my face, cause so am I and I love it. I'm hatching seramas, cuckoo marans, and barred rocks. I'm also building my own candler. So Merry Christmas and have a wonderful winter loving your peeps. Paraclete 2

wink.png
I'm thinking that since we are stuck inside, we should have something going on in the incubators!!!! My DH built me a one this past week. I put 14 eggs in at 2 a.m. this morning.
big_smile.png

Angie

Quote:
wishin you a good hatch!! I've got to get me a better incubator I had 13 hatch, but theres about 20 that didn't hatch, that made it all the way pretty much..

Thanks! I can't wait to see what your chickens gave to me
big_smile.png
I'm really excited and surprised because we had some problems with the incubator on the last hatch. Silkiechicken made the incubator (it's awesome!) but we didn't realize until it was too late that there might be some cold spots in it. This time we are moving the eggs around more and hoping for a 100% hatch like she had the first time with it in November.

Last edited:
When I get home I'll try to get some pic's. I hatched 2 standard Cochins, 1 blue one Black, a couple white frizzle bantam cochins, and the rest are sizzles!! Goin to put some wyandottes, and some more cochins and sizzles and some pheonix eggs if I get them in sometime next week, I think thats all I'm hatching until spring..LOL I say that but welll.....ya know..LOL

Back
Top Bottom