Us vs Raccoons

Sometimes the decisions forced upon us are not pleasant. But, you got to do what you got to do.

Sorry about our loss

Imp

golden malrin IS labeled as fly bait to use it for something that is not listed for is in violation of FEDERAL law then to post evidence about what was done is unbelievable
smile.png
you may be dealing with coon someone has relocated it never works as well as it sounds they always find more chickens to eat don't give up on the traps coon just like fox are stupid they do the same thing over and over and over . I hope none of the companion/domestic animals in your neighborhood find the poison you set out
sad.png

We had two baby raccoons coming in the dog door getting into the chicken feed, so we went and bought traps yesterday. My dog woke me up at 3AM and I had one in the trap. GREAT NEWS! The one in the trap was the mamma raccoon. We haven't caught the babies yet, but we got the most dangerous one.
yippiechickie.gif

My Plott Hound loves her chickens, the Pit mix doesn't care about the chickens one way or the other, but he loves to play critter pull with the Plott Hound. Woe to any predatory critter stupid enough to walk within the invisible fence boundaries of my yard. Believe me they all know (coons, dogs and chickens and local feral cats) where the fence is. Still, I lock my chicks up at night in a pen I built around the coop. I lined the bottom with left over chain link fence and buried it 8" and stitched every hole shut in the chicken wire on top. My mom's three legged cat actually specializes in weasels and snakes, lucky for me she doesn't let them live to let them loose in the house like she does the chippies. The only thing that I am worried about are the coyotes, they have not bothered to venture into my section of the neighborhood yet.

94290_dnb_jump.jpg

My Official Yard Protection Unit:bow

My trap went off once more right before I left for work, so I shot that one and reset the trap. We ended up getting the mamma and two babies in the span of four hours!
I'm going to keep setting it just in case there are more. The worst that could happen would be for one of my hens to get imprisoned for a while.
coon.jpg

a lot of time around here there will be 2 grown ones and 5-6 babies I live down in a bog/marsh there is plenty of food here for them here

Quote:
That is my plan. I saw a couple of ground hogs under the deck today too. They don't seem interested in the bread or marshmallows though. I watched a youtube video today that said just about any critter will go for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, so I'm going to try that next.

Back
Top Bottom