Use For Bananas?

Oregon Blues

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Central Oregon
Anyone have any good recipes that use bananas? I've already got two banana cakes and dozens of sliced bananas in the freezer and I am making banana bran muffins this morning. I still have dozens of bananas that need to be used today.

I was given a whole shopping bag full of bananas that were right on the point of being over-ripe. I can eat a lot of bananas, but I can't eat 20 pounds of them that must be used within 48 hours. I've run out of ideas for things to make with them.

Peel them and freeze them. Then take 2 at a time and whizz in the processor and you have instant banana ice cream.

Yes, I have know others have frozen the bananas and used them in recipes or fruit smoothies later.

I have also read about some folks who have offered bananas as chicken treats, but it may be an acquired taste for chickens.

If you have the room in your freezer, just put several in a plastic bag and freeze them in the peel. They will turn black (the peel) but the banana flesh will be just fine for future baking of banana bread, cakes, cup cakes etc. I always seem to have half a dozen black frozen bananas in my little freezer.

Quote:
I second the banana pudding...I made a huge one last week and DH gobbled it up in about 3 days, he said it was the best one I had ever made. I had some eggs I needed to use up so I made the pudding from scratch instead of using the instant pudding in a box. Of course I didn't tell him that, I may need to use the box pudding again sometime and I don't want him to know that's why the other pudding was so much better.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom